Home

Trade Brunell?

This is a discussion on Trade Brunell? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2003, 10:40 PM   #9
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Trade Brunell?

Quote:

Kevin926 said:
I think I am gonna trade him. Brunell comes back at the end of Week 5 and then he'll be put up on the block. I'll probably pick up a backup QB in the FA pool or off-season.

I know I was testing around, and I offered brunell on the block for a 1st rounder.

Dallas and the Panthers bit immediately, and both would throw in a player to even the rosters.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:56 PM   #10
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

i trade Couch in week 6 to the panters who were like 2-3 so i figure i'll be getting a good pick. nope they end up like 9-7 or something. so now i want to trade to get a top 5 or top 10 pick.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:24 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm playing a franchise with the Jags. Before I played my first pre-season game, I looked at my rosters and decided I needed to improve on the defensive side of the ball. I figured I could pick up a decent free agent for one year to add a little strength to the O-line.

I figured I needed another strong CB so I threw Brunnell on the block. I ended up opting for Deltha Oniel from Denver who is rated an 86 overall. I figured since Byron Leftwich was rated pretty good, I would give him playing time in preseason to boost him a little more and bring in a #3. I kept Gerard and brought in T-Martin. I wanted to have plenty of cap room for the rest of the year in case of any major injuries. Getting rid of Brunnell freed up some loot as well so I'm sitting on comfort street right now.

So getting rid of Brunnell may prove to be the best decision I could have made starting out. I still have a solid team and no long term commitments to any free agents to ensure that I have enough room in the offseason to sign my rookies.

Peace!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2003, 09:48 AM   #12
MVP

Kevin926's Arena

OVR: 7

I've signed quite a few free agents and all of my starters are all at least 80 overall, except for one. I improved my defensive core and signed some CB and LB. I've got about 8 million is cap room so dumping Brunell seems like what I'll do. I want to keep some cap room to sign my rookies and maybe pick up some free agents in the offseason.

Old 08-21-2003, 09:48 AM   #13
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32

I'll put it this way, i treaded for Leftwich when he was a rookie and I won the superbowl in my second year (Cowboys)
Old 08-21-2003, 06:17 PM   #14
MVP

Kevin926's Arena

UPDATE!

I am 4-1 right now. Brunell's injury is over but he is questionable and I am heading into week six. This means I will need to keep Brunell! What do I do? I want to keep Brunell's stats the same, but also improve Leftwich's. Do I rotate who plays each game? I experimented and I coulda got a 84 Overall LT and 2nd and 3rd round pick. Now I will need to hope someone will want a good QB next season. I need some help.

Edit: I am now 5-1. Mark is probable for the next game. I think I'll give him another week's rest. I am looking forward for your guys opinions on who I should start, and when.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:46 PM   #15
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

first game that it says Brunell is good to go. have Leftwich play the 1st half and Brunell the 2nd half. thats what i did when Holcomb came back after being out 10 weeks. i had Wuerffel play the 1st and Holcomb the 2nd. in the end i decided to let Wuerffel finish the season as Holcomb had problems finding his own receivers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2003, 04:23 PM   #16
MVP

Kevin926's Arena

I know this is old but it's my topic and I am letting you know how it comes out. I finished my season today, and I lost to the Raiders in the AFC Division Championship. I tried to split time for Leftwich and Brunell. Well it didn't turn out well, Brunell lost 5 overall. He is now 81 overall while Leftwich gained some stats and he is 84. I traded Brunell, one of my AWFUL left guards and Hugh Douglas for a great guard, backup quarterback and very good linebacker. Sorry I do not remember their names. Remember how I said I needed a good left tackle... well it turns out he made the Pro Bowl. He gained 5 overall. My off-season was not the greatest because Jimmy Smith retired and so did two of my pick-ups during the year, Anderson and Romonowski. My team is still pretty solid and we'll hope that Leftwich and some other players improve through the pre-season and training camp. I bumped Fred Taylor's overall to 94 but my punter dropped a bit. I had more people improve than suck so it was not bad. I just wish Brunell hadn't dropped so much. Thanks for reading this, heh. Sorry it is so long.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I made 62 million dollar profit so not all is lost. I added cup holders, a super screen and an EA Sports arcade for Alltell Stadium.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »