Home

Madden 12: We're All Involved

This is a discussion on Madden 12: We're All Involved within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 12: We're All Involved

Didn't they have us vote on the cover last year too? I don't think that will be the you're involved part(at least I hope not) ... But then again it is Ea and they are pros at over hyping things. I know one thing for sure though they're gonna have to really step it up with madden to win me over this year cause I'm already leaning heavily toward NCAA 12
Old 03-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #18
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I think the people they're trying to reassure are the people who don't spend a lot of time on forums like this and on twitter following EA guys. We've already been able to get the word out among the forum community that Madden is unaffected by any labor issues, but there are many, many more who don't have immediate access to that. I think the teaser video, however, will be more of a reassurance to the OS community.
i don't that's possible to resassure this community. No matter what they show it won't sit good with some. Honestly the only thing they could show me would be RTP and since we know that's not going to happen. Anything they show at least for me really won't excite me too much.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #19
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

To me Madden next gen has been a disappointment with every iteration (doesn't really matter as I can never buy another madden game thanks to being perm banned from the EA forums). What could possibly raise the expectations of an already jaded community? Cover athlete voting... not a big deal considering it was done last year...open beta, that would be great with the exception that EA gets their advice from telemetry and not actual feedback from the community so again highly doubtful...I would guess that it has something to do with the rosters and being able to do more with them, and maybe just maybe they found a way to fix the created player limit... I'll check back in a couple weeks to see what it was.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:35 PM   #20
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Cover athlete is obviously not a reassurance to anyone so I'm expecting something franchise related that will "assure" the OS community, along with a general announcement that Madden will exist this fall.

But Here's my question: do these videos that are posted in March, April, and May actually reach the "casual" Madden fan? Aren't we the only ones for whom the videos should be made? I can't imagine the "casual" fan will even see anything Madden related until August when the first commercials hit. This is what drove me crazy about the Season Showdown videos from NCAA two years ago. A "casual" fan feature was being forced down the hardcore fans' throats.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #21
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

"Didn't they have us vote on the cover last year too? I don't think that will be the you're involved part(at least I hope not) ... But then again it is Ea and they are pros at over hyping things. I know one thing for sure though they're gonna have to really step it up with madden to win me over this year cause I'm already leaning heavily toward NCAA 12"

They did it was between Brees, Allen, and Wayne if I remember correctly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2011, 03:58 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
To me Madden next gen has been a disappointment with every iteration (doesn't really matter as I can never buy another madden game thanks to being perm banned from the EA forums). What could possibly raise the expectations of an already jaded community? Cover athlete voting... not a big deal considering it was done last year...open beta, that would be great with the exception that EA gets their advice from telemetry and not actual feedback from the community so again highly doubtful...I would guess that it has something to do with the rosters and being able to do more with them, and maybe just maybe they found a way to fix the created player limit... I'll check back in a couple weeks to see what it was.
HUH? How does that stop you from buying Madden?
Old 03-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #23
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdogjjdog5162
HUH? How does that stop you from buying Madden?

well if u are banned from ea forums they ban your gamertag and u cant play any ea title online,so if u only buy madden for online play wouldnt be no use to buy it.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #24
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
well if u are banned from ea forums they ban your gamertag and u cant play any ea title online,so if u only buy madden for online play wouldnt be no use to buy it.
yeah but per his own posts on the EA forums "I gave up on online games in 09 anyways" so he's not missing anything. Saying ".. that would mean someone on the dev team would have to give a crap about the quality of the game, that's also gone M.I.A." would probably get you banned here too because it's a ridiculous statement.

Back on topic, would be kinda neat if we could submit names and other information to be used in the draft classes, but expecting more of some kind of voting for the cover thing too. Unless we're voting for more than just the cover, but that doesn't seem very reasonable (a feature or something).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »