Home

What Team Would be a Challenge??

This is a discussion on What Team Would be a Challenge?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2003, 04:22 PM   #9
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: What Team Would be a Challenge??

i picked Seahawks in the poll. but try the Browns. they have a good RB and a good group of WRs. the only thing that sucks is the linebackers and DBs.

otherwise you could try the Lions or something.that would be fun.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:25 PM   #10
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

I would give the Texans a shot. They've got some decent receivers, Boselli, and three good defenders (Glenn, Sharper, Walker). But they still need improvements because of the tough division they play in, and their jerseys are damn cool.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:29 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

TCrouch said:
Raiders won't be as challenging as you'd think. Jerry Porter is more dangerous (in the game) than Rice or Brown, so even when they both retire, he's still money. Tuiasosopo is a younger Gannon, just a bit lower accuracy. He plays very similarly. Other than Rod Woodson and Romanowski, there aren't many defensive guys who are old. There's a common misconception that everybody on the Raiders roster is old, but it's not true. It's a media circus. Oakland has just as much young talent on that roster as old guys...it's just the "big 5" are all old, so that's all anybody pays attention to.

For game purposes, however, I think the Raiders barely miss a beat when the oldies retire. Personally, I like trying the Lions or Cowboys (2 average quarterbacks, 2 average runningbacks, but a shutdown defense). It's interesting trying to grind out 10-3 wins with the 'Boys.

im a raider fan, but i think it would be a challenge because we're getting old and many players might retire after this year. Romanowski, Gannon, Rice, Brown, Rod Woodson etc. are all stars of the team and theyre gonna retire in the next 2 years. Porter is great, but not great enought to build a team around. Tuiasosopo will be a great person to build a team around in the future. hes young, he can run, and has a great arm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2003, 12:26 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 5

I would go with the Bengals. they have a good defense and a good running back but they will need soem work in the offseason.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:54 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

OK I have started my franchise wth the Seahawks. Got OL help, then played preseason game vs SD. Lost 35-0.
Second game against Ind, won 38-20. Engram had 6 catches, an a 86 yd PR TD. Looks like a good possesion WR and contrbutor on ST who will make major impact.
The defense is shaky, but I cant pinpoint the problem yet.
Maybe once the season starts...
Old 08-23-2003, 01:47 AM   #14
Rookie

uncleray's Arena

OVR: 2

Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Lions, Cardinals, Panthers.
I think I will try the Jets. They vlost alot of key players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »