Home

Will Madden 12 have a better highlight show?

This is a discussion on Will Madden 12 have a better highlight show? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Will Madden 12 have a better highlight show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiecakes
I think Franchise Mode and Presentation should go hand-in-hand.

It's not just about "hot dog prices" and "adding new luxury suites"... it's the show itself!

They need to make a living, breathing franchise mode. One that makes you want to jump in and run a whole team. One that REACTS to your decisions - both on the field and off.

Tie in things like local media, local radio sports talks shows, ESPN highlight shows, award show presentations, combine workouts, a live draft show with players walking up to the podium and shaking the commissioners' hand, fans booing unpopular picks lol (Eagles Fans Booing McNabb, Jets fans booing...every pick the Jets make, etc...)... They've touched on some of this stuff in the past (Tony Bruno shows, etc...), but it's very minimal. And some of it is stretched into Superstar mode, but it's focused more on 1 player and nobody else.

And as has been said a zillion times, during the week, they need to have a REAL highlight show. Weekly highlights and halftime highlights. Just showing replays of random big plays is boring. You can pull them up anytime you want to at the pause menu. I want to hear a commentator or analyst DESCRIBE the play as it's happening, ala Chris Berman/Tom Jackson/Bob Costas/Keith Olberman, etc... Other games have done this in the past on older consoles. This should be easy on the 360/PS3.

AND they need to incorporate OTHER league games - generate highlights based on the simmed stats from OTHER games around the league. I want to feel like I'm a NFL owner - in a LEAGUE with 32 other owners.

Bring the whole LEAGUE to life.

Great Post..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #26
All Star

OVR: 33

There needs to be a Fantasy football mode.

Where you can draft your players for FF. And the play with your franchise. And rack up stats on players you have on your FF team.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #27
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
There needs to be a Fantasy football mode.

Where you can draft your players for FF. And the play with your franchise. And rack up stats on players you have on your FF team.
I can see it now... 'Rookie' difficulty fantasy heroes! lol

Sorry to the OP, I feel like my original post caused a slight hijacking of the thread topic.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #28
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiecakes
I think Franchise Mode and Presentation should go hand-in-hand.

It's not just about "hot dog prices" and "adding new luxury suites"... it's the show itself!

They need to make a living, breathing franchise mode. One that makes you want to jump in and run a whole team. One that REACTS to your decisions - both on the field and off.

Tie in things like local media, local radio sports talks shows, ESPN highlight shows, award show presentations, combine workouts, a live draft show with players walking up to the podium and shaking the commissioners' hand, fans booing unpopular picks lol (Eagles Fans Booing McNabb, Jets fans booing...every pick the Jets make, etc...)... They've touched on some of this stuff in the past (Tony Bruno shows, etc...), but it's very minimal. And some of it is stretched into Superstar mode, but it's focused more on 1 player and nobody else.

And as has been said a zillion times, during the week, they need to have a REAL highlight show. Weekly highlights and halftime highlights. Just showing replays of random big plays is boring. You can pull them up anytime you want to at the pause menu. I want to hear a commentator or analyst DESCRIBE the play as it's happening, ala Chris Berman/Tom Jackson/Bob Costas/Keith Olberman, etc... Other games have done this in the past on older consoles. This should be easy on the 360/PS3.

AND they need to incorporate OTHER league games - generate highlights based on the simmed stats from OTHER games around the league. I want to feel like I'm a NFL owner - in a LEAGUE with 32 other owners.

Bring the whole LEAGUE to life.
I totally agree with you on that one bro. Franchise mode and Presentation should go hand in hand. It shouldn't just be about presentation within the game you are playing on gameday. It should be good presentation during the week and the offseason aswell tracking the offseason personal movements and the draft and other stuff like that. I'm very much hoping that they have focus more on combining presentation and franchise mode this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »