Home

EA needs to hire a "ghost team" for Madden development

This is a discussion on EA needs to hire a "ghost team" for Madden development within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: EA needs to hire a "ghost team" for Madden development

The issue is that usually only the dissatisfied speak up. Kind of like going to a restaurant and having dinner. How often when everything is good do you stop the manager or go online and.tell the company and others how good everything was?! It's a fact that most of the time people will only comment when they have a complaint. Yet the majority that enjoys their experience don't feel its.necessary to speak up.

Those are proven facts of business that you can apply to the video game world as well.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 0

Look guys,

I've given up on going open-license with the NFL. The NFL likes EA-Tiburon doing their thing with the exclusive license, so we're stuck with Madden through 2013 (and most likely beyond that until someone in the NFL marketing office realizes how much money they are missing out on by going with only 1 developer.

Perhaps the NFLPA can lobby to get more money out of the owners by demanding an open NFL license for videogames. Who knows. As a player, I'd definitely maximize my revenue by dumping the EA-exclusive thing, but whatever. Out of my control.

So, based on that setup, I'd like to see a better Madden, as opposed to just whining about getting the NFL license opened up.

And that's why I think EA has to expand it's vision a bit more and get another team involved with Madden development.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #51
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiecakes
Look guys,

I've given up on going open-license with the NFL. The NFL likes EA-Tiburon doing their thing with the exclusive license, so we're stuck with Madden through 2013 (and most likely beyond that until someone in the NFL marketing office realizes how much money they are missing out on by going with only 1 developer.

Perhaps the NFLPA can lobby to get more money out of the owners by demanding an open NFL license for videogames. Who knows. As a player, I'd definitely maximize my revenue by dumping the EA-exclusive thing, but whatever. Out of my control.

So, based on that setup, I'd like to see a better Madden, as opposed to just whining about getting the NFL license opened up.

And that's why I think EA has to expand it's vision a bit more and get another team involved with Madden development.
A. It's already been proven that the NFL makes more $ with one license vs 3 NFL games all together in 2004.

B. As was stated in the thread, it's a great idea, but EA/Tibouran isn't going to hire another team after laying off people last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2011, 10:05 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 11

Give the game to EA Canada, let's see what they can do with it!!!!!! Tiburon's had multiple chances, and more often than not, dropped the ball.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #53
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Give the game to EA Canada, let's see what they can do with it!!!!!! Tiburon's had multiple chances, and more often than not, dropped the ball.
Ummmm... NBA Elite was taken away from Canada and moved to Tiburon. I doubt they're gonna flip-flop franchises.
NBA Elite 11 cancelled

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 04-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #54
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
Which was the point I was trying to make entirely. Football video games are but a very small subset of all video games. At a given point in time, someone who is purchasing a video game may opt to buy any video game he likes. This may be a football video game, but it doesn't have to be.

That is the crux of my whole argument, why EA Tiburon must constantly improve Madden (and NCAA for that matter), to encourage consumers to buy its product. That purchasing decision still exists, even without the existence of NFL-licensed football games by 2K, 989 Sports, Acclaim, or anyone else.

I don't know how I can make this any more clear.
It sounds like you're lumping all games together as if they were the same. Sort of, if I'm dissatisfied with Call of Duty then I can get the same enjoyment/satisfaction playing Madden or Zelda because they're also videogames. They're entirely different genres.

I agree that Tiburon can't sit idly by and must improve their products; it'd be foolish for anyone to try to argue they could release the same game every year since 2006 and people would buy it simply because it's the newest version. The question is how much has the product improved, and because of the lack of competition how much is Tiburon motivated to push themselves. It's not difficult to make the argument that of all the sports titles this generation, football has made the least progress in terms of innovation. The general feeling is that videogame football should be better than it is, because in many ways videogame football isn't even as good in key areas as it once was. So Tiburon is going to get the blame because they've been the only ones able to make licensed football games for the past 6+yrs.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-SKI
madden sells because its NFL, not because its a good game.
Bingo! That is the best thing I've heard on this forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2011, 11:47 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-SKI
madden sells because its NFL, not because its a good game.
Not for everyone... Madden sells because it's Madden.

Madden was the game sophisticated football fans preferred from the day it hit the Sega Genesis - WITHOUT AN NFL LICENSE. Super Tecmo Bowl had an NFL license, but promptly took a backseat to Madden until Madden's NFL license in Madden '93.

After that, Madden ran the table until Gameday 98 had 3D player models... After Madden went 3D, there was no more legitimate competition until the 2K series.

Now that Madden is the only NFL licensed game, we seem to forget how Madden dominated the genre when there were other NFL games to choose from - we just weren't choosing them.

So back to my original statement - Madden sells because it's Madden.

Later
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »