Home

Fixing Nano Blitzing/Simulation Mode

This is a discussion on Fixing Nano Blitzing/Simulation Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Fixing Nano Blitzing/Simulation Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
There is also glitch blitzing as well, where you set 2 of your lb to contain and line them up directly behind the dt's, they will loop to.the outside drawing the OT's causingthem to let the de come in untouched. Blitz like this aren't nano, but they aren't sim either. Abusing a glitch in the game is defiantly not sim. Yeah it can be beaten but the point is you shouldn't have to deal with someone doing this in a sim league/game/tournament. These are considered cheesy players or garbage ballers.
very familiar with this blitz...i knw that this explanation really doesnt help much but just think like this.

If that LB was sent on a blitz and was moved on the LOS between the DE and DE then the DE would be coming free anyway in a realistic fashion.

I just use the mindset that a Contain is essentially a blitz. Yes the OT shouldnt be going out to follow the contain but it is pretty close to the type of heat that would be established if the LB was sent on a blitz.

But i most defiantly see where u come from with the last bit...If someone contain blitzes in a sim league then they are not sim and they should be booted on the spot because that is not something that would work irl
Old 04-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
If madden programs the oline to react according to technique rather than to proximity and randomness, then nano blitzing wouldn't exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
There is also glitch blitzing as well, where you set 2 of your lb to contain and line them up directly behind the dt's, they will loop to.the outside drawing the OT's causingthem to let the de come in untouched. Blitz like this aren't nano, but they aren't sim either. Abusing a glitch in the game is defiantly not sim. Yeah it can be beaten but the point is you shouldn't have to deal with someone doing this in a sim league/game/tournament. These are considered cheesy players or garbage ballers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I don't think there's anything you can do about nano blitzing unless EA completely re works the Oline AI. They don't pick things up like they should, nor have real assignments. Until that is completely over hauled there's nothing they can do, IMO. But even with that, people will find ways to exploit anything.
Dare I say - my response to these three comments is best combined:

NO ONE - neither real coaches nor game programmers - will ever create a football protection that is impervious to attack.

I don't care what you do, there's something that works against it. In addition, any successful way players attack can be countered using the same approach football coaches should.

Very few of the nanos I've seen are 'exploits' in the sense that they confuse the AI. 99.999% of the blitzes I've seen have been designed to confuse the player with the sticks...

Seriously... If you want to see if a nano is a glitch or not, run it against a player that is well equipped to deal with them. Watch how often your nanos fail and why.

Most people who successfully beat nanos block the middle, roll away from pressure, throw screens, slide protection, shorten their routes, stretch the coverage, etc. Practically all the things I've read that a real football coach would do to beat blitzes with middle pressure are available to use in Madden.

No reason nanos can't be handled by the player with the sticks... EA has given us the tools.

Later
Old 04-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #19
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I would be in favor of a system that gets rid of hot routes if in turn created plays and on-the-fly audibles were implemented.
  • Created plays: rather obvious, you draw up your own plays and put them in a custom playbook. If cheese via weird formations is a concern, restrict formations to those already programmed into the game.
  • On-the-fly audibles: I believe NFL 2K5 had this feature, and I'm not sure that any other football game - EA, 2K, or otherwise - has, before or since. At any time in the playcall menu, you could hold a trigger and pick a play. Instead of selecting that play and breaking the huddle, that play would replace whatever audible you have assigned to that button. The idea of this would be that you'd be able to call multiple plays in the huddle, similar to what happens in the real NFL, rather than getting players to spend all day calling hot routes at the line. Teams don't draw up plays in the dirt at the line of scrimmage.

Beyond this, the plays EA designs in the playbooks need more option routes in general; receivers are responsible for reading coverages, too, and many interceptions are the result of miscommunications between QB and receiver.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:01 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Dare I say - my response to these three comments is best combined:

NO ONE - neither real coaches nor game programmers - will ever create a football protection that is impervious to attack.

Very few of the nanos I've seen are 'exploits' in the sense that they confuse the AI. 99.999% of the blitzes I've seen have been designed to confuse the player with the sticks...

Seriously... If you want to see if a nano is a glitch or not, run it against a player that is well equipped to deal with them. Watch how often your nanos fail and why.

Most people who successfully beat nanos block the middle, roll away from pressure, throw screens, slide protection, shorten their routes, stretch the coverage, etc. Practically all the things I've read that a real football coach would do to beat blitzes with middle pressure are available to use in Madden.

No reason nanos can't be handled by the player with the sticks... EA has given us the tools.

Later

Hey bro, I dont mean to be rude or come off the wrong way but I been lurking here for a while and reading this thread and you are so far off base with the online madden community its not even funny and here is why!

I don't care what you do, there's something that works against it. In addition, any successful way players attack can be countered using the same approach football coaches should.

True to a certain extent, but the fact remains that these NANO BLITZERS know what works against there scheme. Meaning screens wont work as most opponents I face online are using the ever so fast RAIDERS and stay in 2 man under out of nickel, 46, or quarter formations to counter any screens or whatnots.

Most often times you find yourself exploiting something to counter there counter and thats not how I like to ball. Online franchises only does so much to get you that madden fix. Im a junkie and need about 2-3 fixes a day if I can, I just love the sport and put up with the game as best as I can.

If the devs took away the ability to not call the same defensive adjustment that your player is already in, then that will eliminate it to a certain extent. Or you should be allowed to only use an adjustment once per player on the field, so if you want to send someone in contain then you have 1 shot at it and cant go back to it after you chose it the first time.

But by far, nano's kill my enjoyment with this game for me, if they had some sort of ranking amongst the online franchise community, that would be great. But trying to establish myself amongst the top is **** FAIL year after year as competing doesnt even make sense anymore in ranked lobbies since everyone has just bitten the bullet and decided to nano and complain how the defense is broken.

Madden is in an IDENTITY CRISIS and needs to figure out who or what type of game its trying to be, Right now its like jekyll and hyde and most of us are expecting the good doctor from this game (sim). Most times it gets really arcadey when playing in ranked online rooms with plays and players that are pretty much unstoppable and gimmicks like DC glitches that reward the cheater even when they were losing at the time of disconnect.

I agree with the OP.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:21 AM   #21
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
I would be in favor of a system that gets rid of hot routes if in turn created plays and on-the-fly audibles were implemented.
  • Created plays: rather obvious, you draw up your own plays and put them in a custom playbook. If cheese via weird formations is a concern, restrict formations to those already programmed into the game.
  • On-the-fly audibles: I believe NFL 2K5 had this feature, and I'm not sure that any other football game - EA, 2K, or otherwise - has, before or since. At any time in the playcall menu, you could hold a trigger and pick a play. Instead of selecting that play and breaking the huddle, that play would replace whatever audible you have assigned to that button. The idea of this would be that you'd be able to call multiple plays in the huddle, similar to what happens in the real NFL, rather than getting players to spend all day calling hot routes at the line. Teams don't draw up plays in the dirt at the line of scrimmage.

Beyond this, the plays EA designs in the playbooks need more option routes in general; receivers are responsible for reading coverages, too, and many interceptions are the result of miscommunications between QB and receiver.
that was in madden and ncaa at one point i think it was last gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 8

Smoke6,

As you may have already figured out, I'm not one for sensitivity. I'm all about practical solutions to common problems.

Case in point on an unrelated issue:

Quote:
I'm originally from NC but I now live in Michigan. Driving in Michigan is very strange because they have some of the most wasteful and impractical DOTs I've ever seen...

They don't make left turns here. So there's three overpasses where there should only be one. Those bridges and overpasses must be built and maintained, salted and plowed, with fences so people don't throw objects into traffic... 3x the budget of states that expect drivers to make safe left turns.
As a person who believes in being practical, the above scenario simply isn't practical. What would be is only giving a driver's license to people who can make a safe left turn instead of catering to the folks that shouldn't have a license in the first place...

Back to Madden...

Since Madden '03, I've faced 1 nano blitz that I didn't get blocked. I COULD HAVE BLOCKED IT, but didn't. And I lost as a result. I don't blame EA for my failure. That's not to say that EA has created a perfect game (they haven't), but I can't blame you, him, or them for my failure because that would be the definition of irresponsibility.

To tie this together, there are many people who believe they are great drivers. But IMO, if I hand someone my keys to move my car and they have to ask "Is it a stick," they can't drive. Steering and driving are NOT the same.

So we see a great many Madden players who are only able to 'drive' an automatic. Some of those players may not know how to use anything except reverse, drive, and neutral. That might be kool for a trip to the store, to grandma's house, or even on the open highway. But those players have no business on a motor speedway because they simply aren't skilled enough to be there....

Online Madden is similar. When I started playing online, I wasn't skilled enough to be there. It was the amatuer speedway. Tournaments are the professional speedway. I was prepared for neither.

But I learned to drive my vehicle bu ignoring the sensitivity issues that go along with the desire for a good Madden experience and learned the football I needed and applied that knowledge to Madden in a practical way.

Waiting for EA to come to the rescue is not practical, especially since the tools to 'drive' this game have been available for more than 5 years.

We just need to better teach people how to 'drive' - without regard to how long they have been driving.

Later
Old 04-10-2011, 01:09 PM   #23
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713

Waiting for EA to come to the rescue is not practical, especially since the tools to 'drive' this game have been available for more than 5 years.

We just need to better teach people how to 'drive' - without regard to how long they have been driving.

Later
You've committed yourself to becoming a great Madden player by learning all the machinations needed to thrive in the alternate football reality of the Madden Universe. There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of others who have done likewise.

This community, for the most part, is filled with people who don't want to play a game that is a contest of dueling exploits. So our efforts are always going to be directed toward getting the development team to create a game that is best played with fundamentally sound football strategy and not Madden football strategy.

You can choose to continue your efforts, but trying to encourage everyone here to just knuckle up and learn the "Madden Way" is a futile endeavor. It may be Quixote vs. Windmills, but we're never going to accept that style of play.

Success through the application of video game tactics isn't at all fun for most of us here.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #24
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
You've committed yourself to becoming a great Madden player by learning all the machinations needed to thrive in the alternate football reality of the Madden Universe. There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of others who have done likewise.

This community, for the most part, is filled with people who don't want to play a game that is a contest of dueling exploits. So our efforts are always going to be directed toward getting the development team to create a game that is best played with fundamentally sound football strategy and not Madden football strategy.

You can choose to continue your efforts, but trying to encourage everyone here to just knuckle up and learn the "Madden Way" is a futile endeavor. It may be Quixote vs. Windmills, but we're never going to accept that style of play.

Success through the application of video game tactics isn't at all fun for most of us here.
Golden baby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »