Home

Fixing Nano Blitzing/Simulation Mode

This is a discussion on Fixing Nano Blitzing/Simulation Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2011, 11:20 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Fixing Nano Blitzing/Simulation Mode

sorry TNT but I have to call foul on you. there is just no way you are immune to the nano for all many years as you.claim to be when in those 03 to 05 there were no line shifts or notbing. All credibility you had so far is fading die to this last post. I quit 03 due to the juke glitch and everything after that has been nano city and Vicktimizations up until playmaker was a feature.

Now after that came, there was no slide protection up until recently. So you must be a god at the game as the QB spy glitch set a lot of people back when then game launched and then patched. explain how your good graces at madden stopped that.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:24 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 6

the qb spy is just an a gap blitz like the others(yes a glitch, but the a gap blitz idea is alive)

i was fortunate to have read about the spy blitz before hand but this is how my 1st spy blitz game went

Yep it sacked me the first few times until i saw what they were doing....I got in the gun, blocked a rb just for some help he could give
ran screens,
moved the pocket,
roll out curl flats, smash, stick

i did all of these from multi formations, he had to rush to make the glitch work so he couldnt user anybody in coverage

within that 1 game he won the battle but i won the war.... It took me 2 conceded drives to figure out what i had to do to beat the blitz. I was still able to play good defense and i was only down 3 when i figured out how to move the ball....he won the first few battles but i won the war

and thats my 1st spy blitz encounter
Old 04-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
sorry TNT but I have to call foul on you. there is just no way you are immune to the nano for all many years as you.claim to be when in those 03 to 05 there were no line shifts or notbing. All credibility you had so far is fading die to this last post. I quit 03 due to the juke glitch and everything after that has been nano city and Vicktimizations up until playmaker was a feature.

Now after that came, there was no slide protection up until recently. So you must be a god at the game as the QB spy glitch set a lot of people back when then game launched and then patched. explain how your good graces at madden stopped that.
First, let's clarify with an analogy:

Despite having an immune system, none of us is immune to sickness. It doesn't mean our immune systems aren't working - they work great. If we do your part to wash your hands, watch what you eat, and stay away from filth we can do much to prevent ourselves from getting sick...

On to Madden, no one is immune to pressure. But that doesn't mean that the adjustments you need - formation, hot blocking, moving the pocket, pitches and tosses don't work.

If you do your part, your immune system works. If you don't do your part, your immune system doesn't work so well. Same on Madden. If you do your part your offense can crush any nano.

So what is the difference between guys that beat nanos consistently and guys that don't, won't, or can't. IMO, it's their approach. There's a practical way to play Madden, and an academic way to play Madden. The academic way doesn't work UNLESS it is pared with practicality.

Case in point... consider a physicist with no dexterity, and an athlete without a physics degree and give them each a ball. Challenge them to throw the ball against the floor so it bounces off the wall and back to his hand.

The athlete would undoubtedly be able to meet the challenge with ease. The physicist with no dexterity, try as he might, would not. Whether he has a UG degree, a Masters, or a PhD - No matter how much he studied the force of the ball, angle of the throw, spin, and angle of the surfaces - HE STILL CAN'T MEET THE CHALLENGE.

So I scoff at the academics approach because alone, without practicality, it doesn't work. I choose both. Academics and practicality.

Online play began in Madden '03. Slide protection arrived in Madden '05. For the two years when Slide Protection wasn't available, there were still MANY WAYS to avoid nano pressure. I'll only mention the things I did BEFORE slide protection.

1) Formation

If you've spent any time online looking at nano blitzes, you'll notice that they are almost NEVER against formations that prevent A-Gap pressure. They are almost always against a Singleback formation. Academically, I noticed that the I-Formation is perfect for blocking middle pressure because both backs are already in the middle.

2) Hot Routes

Using hot routes to augment the offensive line is an immeasurable tool. Backs and the TE are instrumental to pass protection.

3) Motion

If you can't bring the blitz to the blocker, bring the blocker to the blitz. Hot route a player to block and move him to the problem gap.

4) Psuedo-Chip Blocking

Against A-Gap blitz fanatics, running routes straight up the A-Gap clogs the blitz lanes and creates interference that can give you the extra split second you need to get a pass away.

5) Pitches and tosses

When the defense stacks up the inside, they can't also be stacked on the outside. Go where they defense isn't.

Academically, these all make sense. Practically, they all make sense. Football wise, they all make sense.

Why people don't do these things does NOT MAKE SENSE.

Regarding the QB Spy nano's from earlier in the year... I dealt with them with one adjustment. I'd use a HB and FB to block along with and a slight roll to behind the OG/OT. From there the spy's penetration is picked up by a blocker that gave me time to hit any 3 or 5 step route (even with press coverage).

The FB might not always get the spy, but they would get in the way enough to change his path to the QB.

But... like I've always said, people look for solutions or excuses. There is no in between. So you have to ask yourself, what are you looking for?

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #36
Pro

smoke,

I know the question you are asking is why people have to play against certain exploits?

But my question to that is where do we draw the line and call something a exploit?...
95% of "nano blitzs are not exploits. And people just dont take the responsibility to block them (as TNT has been stating)

And when there are exploits at work people have to play against them because the devs didnt catch them when the game came out, or still didnt fix them after patches. It is not a sound idea for EA to just make a mode where no adjustments can be made offensively or defensivly because it wouldnt get played enough to justify making it.

So it just boils down to what TNT said in his last post. Even though there are exploits,
Academics and practicality, can be used to beat them. And users just have to take it upon themselves to do so instead of just saying something is a glitch and just conceding right there. You have to be proactive in the cure because others are finding the cure and if you dont then you are only hurting yourself.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:05 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
smoke,

I know the question you are asking is why people have to play against certain exploits?

But my question to that is where do we draw the line and call something a exploit?...
95% of "nano blitzs are not exploits. And people just dont take the responsibility to block them (as TNT has been stating)

And when there are exploits at work people have to play against them because the devs didnt catch them when the game came out, or still didnt fix them after patches. It is not a sound idea for EA to just make a mode where no adjustments can be made offensively or defensivly because it wouldnt get played enough to justify making it.

So it just boils down to what TNT said in his last post. Even though there are exploits,
Academics and practicality, can be used to beat them. And users just have to take it upon themselves to do so instead of just saying something is a glitch and just conceding right there. You have to be proactive in the cure because others are finding the cure and if you dont then you are only hurting yourself.
I may be the minority here but im gonna roll with how I feel and been feeling...

I know this is not real life, but the fact that some of us want that type of feel when playing cannot be denied or looked at as foolish. When I enter an online game, I run my games the way they're drawn and make adjustments accordingly.

So when I come out in an suggested formation to counter a nano and it works 3 out of 10 times, then I am going to feel really irritated besides the fact that I chalk it up to it being the team I am using and my opponent being a jerk.

But my main gripe is that you guys watch football and claim to understand all these adjustments, but you forget the fact that just because you send a back in to block the rush off the edge or thru a gap doesnt necessarily mean they will do there job or hold up and block long enough to get the play off.

I even befriended a guy who NANO's just to lab with so I can nail down the counters to these types of glitches (and yes they are glitches). Im not talking about over loads or 6-7 people rushing, im talking about people being manaully brought to the LOS lined up in the gaps without being in a 3 point stance knowing that your Olinemen has to make that decision on who to block.

In reality, you get a hand on someone to throw them off there timing or off course to there goal, but in madden WE ALL KNOW this doesnt happen at all. I can more than likely find threads with people talking about how slide protection is a joke and it doesnt work for them like how everyone like you 2 describes.

But for the record, what teams do the both of you use? I'm pretty darn certain it has more to do with the team + the use of the features rather than just using the features with any team and having some success. We even know that 3 man rushes even stop power I forms or jumbo forms even when trying to counter NANO's.

You can even pull up every youtube vid about NANO's I would love to see your explanation regarding your take on them being NANOs or NOT!
Old 04-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #38
Banned

First thing Smoke... I sent you a PM with some things you might want to read up on. Believe it or not, I've been where you are. I was a victim of nanos and I wanted to get solutions that were legitimate football tactics. Much of the way you feel, the way you see things, and they challenges you're facing have been faced before.

You stated that even having a player in the right position to make the block doesn't mean he will make it. That's realistic football. Players in the right spot don't always make the play. But if you put the right players in the right position enough times during the game, they will make enough plays to make a difference. That's what makes football so great - Consistently making good decisions makes execution that much easier.

Also, when you feel like you don't have time to throw the ball... How many steps has the QB taken?

If he takes 3 steps, you have time to run an entire offense. If you can't take three steps, you must adjust your protection enough to buy at least a 3-step drop.

When you mention YouTube videos... I've watched a few. Most blitzes currently shown beat default 5-man protections AND slide protection in various direction depending on the defensive look. Overloads show blitzes working against slide left/right, while A-Gap blitzes are always attacking pinched protection.

Why those protections?

Because these protections are the most common adjustments to the protections. Players don't have a robust repertoire when it comes to protections. Personally, I've only recently begun to use Slide Protection as part of my anti-blitz package since the 'reverse contain' in Madden '08. Before that is was all formation, hot blocks, motion, and quick throws to shortened routes.

When I see a YouTube nano, I approach it with this logic:

1) If it's on YouTube, someone is going to find it.
2) If they find it, someone is going to use it.
3) If they use it, they may use it on me.
4) If they use it on me, I better be able to block it.
5) If I block it, they will try something else.

So I watch nanos to figure out ways to block them. I read forum posts about tactics that draw the harshest complaints, and figure out ways to avoid the same challenge...

Here's the thing... When I beat a nano, not only do I feel good about it, but I prove to my opponent that his would-be 'glitch' is actually overcome with good football.

IMO, good football always wins.

Later
Old 04-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #39
Pro

Btw i have used the falcons and only the falcons since 03 (when I started playing madden)

got online in 07
went to the 360 halfway through Madden 08...which means it was my introduction to nanos
And played I undercenter (remember 3dl glitch)...And I my record that year was like 58-35 which I take alot of pride in
And M08 was hard times for ATL. No vick (first time for me) our OL got snubbed in ratings (led the nfl for like 3 yrs in rushing and only had out LT as a run blocking weapon) and we didnt have any WRs ratings to even speak about til roddy got his bump at the end of the year
Old 04-12-2011, 02:19 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
Btw i have used the falcons and only the falcons since 03 (when I started playing madden)
LOL... I played '03 with the Panthers. We had Wienke at QB after a 1-15 season. I too play about 85% of my snaps from under center. It was frustrating. But now, I wish somebody would nano me all game.

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »