Home

Madden development problems?

This is a discussion on Madden development problems? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2011, 09:27 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden development problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
The sad thing is that the devs take all the heat from the gaming community when it has been stated several times that at the end of the day it doesn't matter what the devs want to focus on, its up to EA upper management to decide what they are allowed to spend time on. That is the main reason we see MUT being focused on instead of franchise modes (which is what the devs WANT to focus on), is because it makes EA a buttload of money. Quit blaming the devs, sheesh.... It's not their fault! When you go to work today, tell your boss that you have work you want to focus on and see how ill that works out for you.
If the devs are not talented in the first place it doesn't matter what the big wigs want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #66
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
If the devs are not talented in the first place it doesn't matter what the big wigs want.
Those guys are the top of the food chain as developers, every person in the industry will tell you that. For you to insinuate that they are otherwise just because they didn't cater to what YOU personally want in the game, is completely irresponsible... And in all seriousness... Should get you a warning, if not banned. You just took a shot at the developers without any rational train of thought or basis behind it.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Those guys are the top of the food chain as developers, every person in the industry will tell you that. For you to insinuate that they are otherwise just because they didn't cater to what YOU personally want in the game, is completely irresponsible... And in all seriousness... Should get you a warning, if not banned. You just took a shot at the developers without any rational train of thought or basis behind it.
Its not that serious my man. I was just replying to the guys post in regards to "Big hats don't care which is the reason the game is where its at now"

I guess everyone should be banned for saying a certain sports team sucks when we have clear evidence it does. I like Ian Cummings and was glad when he was promoted but he can only do so much. I believe other people need to step their game up which is why some people are being laid off now.

Last edited by djordan; 04-11-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 12

I'm hoping its Mr. Server Side Patch ! All EA needs to do is open their wallets and hire some of the 2K football devs.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:20 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Its not that serious my man. I was just replying to the guys post in regards to "Big hats don't care which is the reason the game is where its at now"

I guess everyone should be banned for saying a certain sports team sucks when we have clear evidence it does. I like Ian Cummings and was glad when he promoted but he can only do so much. I believe other people need to step their game up which is why some people are being laid off now.
I apologize, I thought you were taking shots at the dev team as a whole. People always want a scapegoat, and its seriously irritating to see people post ignorant things when they have absolutely no clue what goes on at a studio. The people on here who complain constantly think the its a conspiracy and the dev team is out to ruin the game for them. If you.have Twitter then I'm sure you saw all the hate being blasted on them yesterday. Its sickening. Those guys absolutely bust their butts and make everything they are allowed to.work on top notch. The main focus last year handed down to them from above was simplifying the game to appeal to more players and MUT. I personally didn't want either of those, but they did a hell of a job with both of those.

To stay on topic, I will be if Looman and Baker are gone since they have been the biggest franchise development pushers in house. For me personally, those are the only modes I play.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #70
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

I dont care who leaves, i just want a better madden. Its sad that they still cant get it right on this gen smh
Old 04-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
I apologize, I thought you were taking shots at the dev team as a whole. People always want a scapegoat, and its seriously irritating to see people post ignorant things when they have absolutely no clue what goes on at a studio. The people on here who complain constantly think the its a conspiracy and the dev team is out to ruin the game for them. If you.have Twitter then I'm sure you saw all the hate being blasted on them yesterday. Its sickening. Those guys absolutely bust their butts and make everything they are allowed to.work on top notch. The main focus last year handed down to them from above was simplifying the game to appeal to more players and MUT. I personally didn't want either of those, but they did a hell of a job with both of those.

To stay on topic, I will be if Looman and Baker are gone since they have been the biggest franchise development pushers in house. For me personally, those are the only modes I play.
When you make a game and especially a "sports game", when has it become the Execs fault for the dev not having the game having real life sports features to begin with?

Thats like making a Tony Hawk game with no rails, sidewalks or curbs, and lets not forget any sort of customization. It would be just skating down the street.

If the devs dont haven these things on the drawing board to begin with, then its essentially there fault. Most of the stuff was in the game before at one point. So what would be the excuse now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2011, 11:29 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

top of the food chain? really?

better than bungie, bioware, ****, betheseda?

i doubt they are on the top of the food chain.

respected by other devs yes but not top of the food chain.

i think they are talented, but we all need to stop making excuses for them.

we can't blame upper management forever.

just saying if onside kicks can be added in a day i don't see why underlying problems for yrs past can't get fixed or a proper workout, understanding the limitation of the engine.

i don't buy the excuse simply because, a smaller dev with alot less staff and money did wonders with a game that sold worth a lick.

the masses buy madden every yr and don't hardly ever use new features.
madden is a cult and people buy it even if there are problems, just like some people feel they can't go on without a nfl football game.

i just wanna know if 12 gonna be something completely different? cause i remember on this board in 09 everyone was saying, THAT was going to be the yr we quit saying MAYBE NEXT YEAR!!

2 games later we are still saying MAYBE NEXT YEAR. i wonder if people are that optimistic about madden that they are willing to wait for 10 more MAYBE NEXT YEARS.

either way i'm not getting myself amped by all the news. the play on the field and franchise mode has to WOW me. i got suckered by the hype and dev interviews during 09. i will not fall for the bannana in the tale pipe again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »