Home

Career ending injury?

This is a discussion on Career ending injury? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2011, 01:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Career ending injury?

Every season of my franchise every year, I see a couple players in the league go down w/ a career ending injury. It has never been one of my players though. Has anybody here ever had to work around a career ending injury on your team? Who was it, and what happened on the play where it occurred?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2011, 01:42 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Career ending injury?

My worst one was Madden 10. I had just given up 2 first rounders and a 3rd to get Adrian Peterson during the draft. I sim to the first week of the season...everything is fine...sim to the second week, look at the injury report to see whats up, and he was a casualty of the career-ending injury by way of broken vertabrae. I was devastated.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:47 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
My worst one was Madden 10. I had just given up 2 first rounders and a 3rd to get Adrian Peterson during the draft. I sim to the first week of the season...everything is fine...sim to the second week, look at the injury report to see whats up, and he was a casualty of the career-ending injury by way of broken vertabrae. I was devastated.
That probably set your Franchise back big.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:02 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I saw a career-ending injury during an online franchise in Madden 11. The only one I have seen in ANY version of the game, ever.

I know it was a Kansas City Chief, but rspencer86 might remember it better as he was the KC owner.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:39 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

ive never even seen a career ending injury
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #6
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

i've seen career ending concussions in madden before...hence the reason I can't see why concussions are such a big bullet point this year.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

The last time I saw a career ending injury on my madden team was in madden 07 ps2 day. Since then I've not seen it yet happen in the current Gen. Madden. Should it happen often in madden? No it shouldn't because you don't see it happen very much in the NFL. But I mean you do see guys retire early from the NFL if they get to many injuries in their career. That's why injury system needs to be redone and injuries in madden should have a hugh impact on players ratings and health in madden from season to season. To make it feel more real. They need to lower the injury risk on madden and when player do get injuried in madden it has a affect on their ratings and gameplay in how they play on the field and all. Injuries should count alot more in madden like does in real life. If a player in madden gets a pulled hamstring. He should be out for about 4 weeks and it should stay with him throughout the rest of the season. Things like that should happen with the injury system in madden.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #8
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

They need to fix hit/tackle detection before they worry about this stuff...

How many times have you seen a QB get HAMMERED in Madden, only to see the guy laying the hit end up injured. Hit the QB in the knee, he ends up with a hurt shoulder...

blah blah blah... It is irritating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »