Home

Madden NFL 12 Cover Athlete is Peyton Hillis

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Cover Athlete is Peyton Hillis within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2011, 05:16 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 12 Cover Athlete is Peyton Hillis

I dont know the constituency who votes on this so not sure about the whole curse thing.

btw....not many people on the west coast here know who hillis is. Maybe in ohio he's the next Rutheford B Hays but outside the AFC North, he's not a national figure
Old 04-27-2011, 05:17 PM   #34
Rookie

LEHNY's Arena

OVR: 0

I didn't care about the curse at all. I'm a huge Chiefs fan and I wanted Jamaal on the cover. I wasn't worried about a curse, but there is no way that Hillis could beat Rodgers straight up based on popularity or skill. Same with Vick and Ryan. Packers fans, and other fans obviously voted for Hillis so Rodgers/Vick/Ryan wouldn't get hurt by the "curse". But I myself do not believe in the curse. People think too much
Old 04-27-2011, 05:17 PM   #35
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

That's great for him. Seems like a nice guy and I think it's good to have someone different on the cover.
Also congrats to Cleveland for finally winning something other than a WWE or UFC championship.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #36
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
I dont know the constituency who votes on this so not sure about the whole curse thing.

btw....not many people on the west coast here know who hillis is. Maybe in ohio he's the next Rutheford B Hays but outside the AFC North, he's not a national figure
He's not the President, but if you either:

A) Played fantasy football

or

B) Watched a replay show of any kind

You'd know who he is.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
Wow I really hope u aren't insinuating what it seems like you are... If so dude, get a.clue.
Bunch of haters.... Heaven forbid they let the fans vote and when they do people wanna pull the ---- card lol... Geez
It is what it is, you either didnt want vick on the cover for his past crimes or the fact he was on there before. Either way, the way it has been on all forums madden has had that racial tone to it for a while. Its nothing to get bent out of shape over, like the many who flocked to burn vick at the cross once he made the finals, im sure they're safe in there glass houses right now and there pets looking and feeling healthier than ever since they have been rescued from the ASPCA.

Im happy for hillis winning, the cover isnt the reason I buy my games anyway, its whats on the disc when I put it into my console that matters.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:19 PM   #38
Rookie

I voted on Hillis because I like seeing the lesser known guy win, and he worked wonders for my fantasy team, turning a 1-5 team to a 9-5 team.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:19 PM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1

Look, it was the way the voting was setup. No use crying Wolff on a brilliant marketing scheme.

In college hoops, any given night, a Cinderella team can beat the #1 seed. Was Connecticut the best team in the country or just the hottest team in the country over the last month or so?
Old 04-27-2011, 05:19 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is the beginning of the end of his career. Such a shame, there was so much potential......

Is anybody really going to be surprised to hear that he's been injured when he plays against the Steelers, Ravens, and Bengals Defenses a total of six times a year? The only thing that will surprise me is if the injury occurs against the Bengals instead of the Ravens or Steelers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »