Home

It's been in EVERY Wishlist for the past 6 years

This is a discussion on It's been in EVERY Wishlist for the past 6 years within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: It's been in EVERY Wishlist for the past 6 years

I really don't like the idea of having a post game show or interviews. I would watch them once and just want to get on to the next game or whatever it is I'm going to do. I would much rather EA Sports try to make the game play look better than it is. I'm not saying it is bad but I would say halftime show and post game interviews can be added when everything else is perfect. It really wouldn't make it the game much better.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #58
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKCats
I really don't like the idea of having a post game show or interviews. I would watch them once and just want to get on to the next game or whatever it is I'm going to do. I would much rather EA Sports try to make the game play look better than it is. I'm not saying it is bad but I would say halftime show and post game interviews can be added when everything else is perfect. It really wouldn't make it the game much better.
It's been said many times: There are different teams that do graphics and gameplay. Madden would become a buy from me at this point if they used ESPN/NFLN/EASN to create a halftime show and a post game show. Heck, even have breakdowns of upcoming games and stuff like draft decisions and the like. It's been said a million times: take a look at what 2k5 did and base your mode off of that.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:42 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
It's been in every single wishlist at the TOP of the wishlists for the past 6 years, and we STILL do not have the presentation feature that we have been asking, in fact begging for.

PREGAME/HALFTIME/POSTGAME SHOWS

Why is this? All I want is a good honest answer. It's the ONE thing we have wanted. This is so frustrating that people here are going to think I'm just some whiner and complainer and how I'm one of those guys that "cant ever be happy".

Is EA doing this on purpose? Do they not know how to make a halftime show? I'm REALLY interested in knowing what the reason is. It can't be because they didn't know thats what the fanbase wanted because we've been asking for it for YEARS now.

Sorry about the rant, I'm really frustrated.

NBA 2k11 nails this in their game. Its one of my favorite things they do with their presentation. I love the halftime highlights and the postgame player of the game clip that shows like 1:00min or so of highlights from the player of the game.

I agree EA needs to have this kind of pregame/halftime/postgame presentation.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:27 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 8

I haven't read anything except the OP... But I have to wonder:

Are there REALLY people who play football games because of the pregame/halftime/postgame show? Seriously?

Later
Old 04-29-2011, 10:34 AM   #61
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
I haven't read anything except the OP... But I have to wonder:

Are there REALLY people who play football games because of the pregame/halftime/postgame show? Seriously?

Later
You make it sound like I think thats the only reason to play Madden, which is absolutely ridiculous. No of course I don't just play football games because of halftime shows. I play for the immersion and for the experience of taking my favorite team and building them into a champion.

But having the halfitme shows (optional button press of course) is having icing on the cake, and not only is it something we've been asking about for 6 years now, but also EA keeps throwing out the we want to have the most authentic "what you see on Sunday" NFL experience in the game. So if you want AUTHENTIC NFL experience that includes as much as possible and yes that means also having a real TV broadcast simulation with halftime shows, mid-game gamebreaks, and post-game analysis.

Now I understand people are saying "well after one or two times I will just skip it so whats the point", however if it was implemented CORRECTLY you wouldn't even be forced to skip it. They could make it so you HAD to press the Y button (or something like that) to view it otherwise gameplay continues as normal into the 3rd quarter, etc.

Trust me there are ways around it to make everyone happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 10:38 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 15

I don't think it's the one thing people have been asking for. I'm not that big on the pre-game, half time, post game shows cause I'll just skip past them really. I do like watching highlights but I'm sure they won't leave that out.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:39 AM   #63
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampIsHere42
I understand your frustration but I guarantee you that almost everyone will watch it one or two times and then start cramming buttons trying to skip it and get mad because it comes up all the time. I think it is just fine without any of these. Last year's pregame was just fine for me. Had a decent intro and talked about a couple players and then went into the coin flip. It looks and sounds like they've added more entrances and different views of the stadiums so I think it's just fine.
That's if it's done poorly. I know many people watch the shows on 2K5 more than just a few times.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 8

Not saying that presentation isn't important... We'd all appreciate good presentation... But what KIND of presentation? I don't think a TV style halftime show is true to the "NFL experience." Look at it this way:

Pregame/halftime/postgame shows are only seen by people who have NO IMPACT on the game. TV folks.

Everyone with impact - From player, coach, and coordinators won't see a halftime show. Even in-stadium spectators won't see the same halftime show as TV folks.

In Madden - we have impact on the game with the decisions we make. Presentation should reflect that responsibility. I've watched games on TV and been to games at the stadium - Stadium is 1000x better.

IMO, any presentation elements should emphasize the perspective of people with impact in NFL games - the one's in the stadium. Presentation with a "TV" feel isn't what I deem an NFL experience. To get an authentic NFL experience you MUST BE IN THE STADIUM.

My idea of a great NFL pre-game presentation is a 1st person view of fans in various sections taking their seats, glimpse into the locker room as teams make their adjustments, the coordinator reviewing hand written tendency notes at the end of quarters, etc...

That's just my opinion though. The TV experience is an NFL experience, not THE NFL experience. Maybe if they let us pick which experience we want. I'd NEVER pick TV, though.

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »