Home

Should Madden have a BETA?

This is a discussion on Should Madden have a BETA? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #25
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Should Madden have a BETA?

Madden is not lack a FPS game. Madden is a sports game. Sport games have never had a beta. Why start now. I don't feel that it needs a beta. They have tuners now to fix any problems needed throughout the year with madden 12 and beyond. The demo is close to as a beta that you will ever get point blank. Phil and Donny and Looman try their best to do for us and give us what we want on madden. It's just there is only so much they can do with the current Gen madden right now. Beta wouldn't really do much at this point in time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 03:21 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

"I hear what your saying , but defense can be accomplished in this game."

well said, keep in mind that an average tends to be more accurate. we can't decide on a 120 mph speed limit based on the five percent that say they "don't have any problem driving at that speed." but it sounds like u use strategy to defend--and thats good.

"Phil and Donny and Looman try their best to do for us and give us what we want on madden."

(chuckle) ummm...comments like this make me want to ask you how long you've been playing Madden, but i won't be disrespectful. we'll just agree to disagree here. they may give YOU what you want, but I want a sim-style game thats balanced enough for online play.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #27
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajai
"I hear what your saying , but defense can be accomplished in this game."

well said, keep in mind that an average tends to be more accurate. we can't decide on a 120 mph speed limit based on the five percent that say they "don't have any problem driving at that speed." but it sounds like u use strategy to defend--and thats good.

"Phil and Donny and Looman try their best to do for us and give us what we want on madden."

(chuckle) ummm...comments like this make me want to ask you how long you've been playing Madden, but i won't be disrespectful. we'll just agree to disagree here. they may give YOU what you want, but I want a sim-style game thats balanced enough for online play.
Well bro if you are talking about online gameplay. With the way people play online. It is almost impossible for them to balance gameplay for online play. They been trying to balance gameplay for online for years now. But people online will always find ways to exploit the gameplay online no matter what they do to balance the gameplay. It's very hard for them to balance gameplay for online play compared to playing offline gameplay agaist the AI. It's a whole different story. That's why I hardly ever play online agaist human players. I stay offline more then anything and play agaist the AI. Madden crew will never be able to balance gameplay for online play. It's very very hard to do for human players. I understand how you feel tho bro. But there is not a whole lot they can do at this point.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

i think there are things they can do better, bro...MUCH BETTER.

1) fairplay rules need to come back
2) no money routes
3) no disconnection exploits

most important, Tuner sets and Patching. while you cant be prepared for everything people will try online. addressing it after you see it is key.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:16 PM   #29
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Well bro if you are talking about online gameplay. With the way people play online. It is almost impossible for them to balance gameplay for online play. They been trying to balance gameplay for online for years now. But people online will always find ways to exploit the gameplay online no matter what they do to balance the gameplay. It's very hard for them to balance gameplay for online play compared to playing offline gameplay agaist the AI. It's a whole different story. That's why I hardly ever play online agaist human players. I stay offline more then anything and play agaist the AI. Madden crew will never be able to balance gameplay for online play. It's very very hard to do for human players. I understand how you feel tho bro. But there is not a whole lot they can do at this point.
Quote:

2) no money routes

most important, Tuner sets and Patching. while you cant be prepared for everything people will try online. addressing it after you see it is key.

Good point tajai.

The other thing that I will say is that although I agree that online and offline are two different animals, I don't know that I buy that they can never make online sim.

Yes, in head to head, people can be unpredictable, and it is hard to factor in someone just not playing the right way, but at the same time, there is still AI involved in a head to head game. Human players can only control one player at a time. That means the other 10 (on your team and 10 on the other) are computer controlled. I don't know if I buy the fact that if one player on the field is doing the wrong thing, while the other 10 are doing what they are supposed to be doing, that that one player can ruin the whole game.

I think the main problem is that the other 10 players aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing often times. If they fixed that, that one human controlled player is gonna have a much harder time getting away with doing what he isn't supposed to be doing.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #30
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Madden has no time for a beta. Games that have had betas have had plenty of bugs, just watch a review of test drive unlimited 2 for example.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #31
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

Quote:

2) no money routes

I would agree 1 and 3 can be fixed very easy. But number 2 is tricky. But with the Defense redone done this year and the AI worked on in the secordary. The money routes will not be no where as easy to pull off this year. So hopefully with the upgrade on D this year. This problem has been solved for the most part. We will see in a few months from now I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #32
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

2) no money routes

I agree with you and the person your replying too.

Online and offline games are two differnt animals, but only if your willing to play anyone who challenges you.

When I play online I play someone I know, and who plays true sim football. This then makes my experience enjoyable.

Now if I play any Joe out there. I will come across a player who only selects 1 to 3 plays in his playbook. Who then forces me to pick the same amount of plays to stop his boring play calling, and this becomes a BS experience.

Online play really just comes down to who you play, and that is our responsibility not EA's.

EA can do what ever they want to stop online cheese, but gamers will find a way. Plain and simple. They can not control that.

I also agree with what your said earlier. There should always be a play that counters a play. This way the chess match element of the game kicks in, and aids everyone in stopping those that pikcs the same play over and over, because that will force them to pick another play.

I think the big problem is saying rank games are this way, and that is it. They should allow for us to create our own settings. This way we can play people who think like us and want to play a real game of football. 5 min qtrs on all pro is pathetic, and forces many to play a arcade type of game.

Give us more control for ranked games, or make a hardcore true sim lobby.

All Madden level, 7 to 8 min qtrs, and With fair play rules on. This way we can play with a gameplan, and not be forced to play fast pace because 5 min qtrs expire quickly.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 04-29-2011 at 05:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »