Home

defense in this game

This is a discussion on defense in this game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2003, 02:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
defense in this game

i dont know about you guys but for me playing defense in this game against passing is incredibly hard, i can never stop passes no matter what.. someone please help me out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2003, 03:03 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: defense in this game

To me the truth is that, you have only so much player control in pass defense in this game.

So it all rests on your playcalling and the pass rush you generate. So you'll need to call the right zone defenses when you expect the cpu might be going deep or the right man to man defenses in like 3rd and 5.

It all comes down to play calling and pass rushing to me.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:53 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I somewhat agree. Pass defense is easier in NCAA as you can confidently switch to the DB and defend the pass. IN Madden I stick with the LB's and only play pass defense on the TE's and RB's. I seem to have better luck timing the hit to jar the ball loose right when they make the catch.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:55 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

I have noticed one thing this year, and I don't know if I am the only one, but a lot of times it seems when the CPU makes a pass over 15-20 yds and your CB misses the guy, and he gets in the open, he is GONE and no one can catch up to him. Anyone else notice this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »