Home

Does Anybody Feel Like...

This is a discussion on Does Anybody Feel Like... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #25
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Does Anybody Feel Like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I want to point out I'm not enamored with last gen gameplay either; I'm DEFINITELY not. I complained about the player interaction in Madden games back then. The point I try to make is to say things then were actually better than what we have now imo. So when people start talking about this gen's Madden/NCAA's being "best ever because they finally added 'x'", I think they're mistaken because of [video proof]. And posting old NCAA movies are a lot less incendiary than posting videos from other older games.

The overall acceptance that we're at or near where we were a generation ago is depressing for sure. But given how lost this generation has been for football gamers, I think many have adjusted their expectations to look for less rather than more.

I understand where you are coming from. There ARE people that are enamored with last gen gameplay though, and my comment was for those individuals.

I feel like Cher in Moonstruck. I want to yell at them to snap out of it.

Here is a reality check. One of the main reasons why this game is in the state it is, is because it was designed with new code, on a next gen system, to play just like the last gen version, with the old code.

Last edited by Only1LT; 05-05-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #26
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I hope not.....

There were many things I didn't like about last gen gameplay, that I never wanna see again.

You and me both.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #27
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by siznit
Madden 12's gameplay will finally play like last gens Maddens (PS2+Xbox) with the consecutive tackles but with fantastic graphics and presentation???
I hope it doesn't play like last gen. My expectations have grown a lot since then.

I understand wanting "features" from back then, but gameplay? Nah!
Old 05-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #28
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
My point is that people should be telling others not to be skeptical just as much as people shouldn't be telling people to curb other peoples excitement or enthusiasm.(not directly at you!!!)

At the end of the day, (release time for both) you can add the pros and cons from still several years ago and see which column has the most check marks. That should make the decision(s) easier.

So, I don't think people are looking for less instead of more.
I wouldn't take it personally. I'm not trying to curb anyone's enthusiasm for the upcoming games as I'd like to be excited too. But have a hard time doing so when Tiburon has yet to surpass what's been done previously imo. Hard to praise them for doing things that should be taken for granted. For example consecutive-hit-tackles are something that we had dating back to last gen. If they were implementing it in some fashion that we hadn't seen, or bringing something innovative to the table with it, I'd say it deserves praise. But just getting to the point we were at 6yrs ago isn't an accomplishment anymore. Same with free-form double team blocking, gameplay options, etc. - have a hard time feeling appreciative if they're only bringing things to the table common sense improvements we've already had. Or worse, haven't added those features yet.

The only reason we see some people longing for the last gen days is because of Tiburon's track record this generation. And with EA restricting competition as much as they have, I have a hard time saying they merit patience. Ultimately there isn't much we can do as they have a virtual monopoly on professional/college videogame football. But don't think suffering in silence is much of an option either.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-05-2011, 06:05 PM   #29
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I wouldn't take it personally. I'm not trying to curb anyone's enthusiasm for the upcoming games as I'd like to be excited too. But have a hard time doing so when Tiburon has yet to surpass what's been done previously imo. Hard to praise them for doing things that should be taken for granted. For example consecutive-hit-tackles are something that we had dating back to last gen. If they were implementing it in some fashion that we hadn't seen, or bringing something innovative to the table with it, I'd say it deserves praise. But just getting to the point we were at 6yrs ago isn't an accomplishment anymore. Same with free-form double team blocking, gameplay options, etc. - have a hard time feeling appreciative if they're only bringing things to the table common sense improvements we've already had. Or worse, haven't added those features yet.

The only reason we see some people longing for the last gen days is because of Tiburon's track record this generation. And with EA restricting competition as much as they have, I have a hard time saying they merit patience. Ultimately there isn't much we can do as they have a virtual monopoly on professional/college videogame football. But don't think suffering in silence is much of an option either.
Were consecutive hit tackles in 05 with momentum? I didn't think they were.

Oh, I'm not taking things personally at all. I'm trying to keep an even keel until the demo drops. I'm just not banking them to change anything with ball trajectory and or phyics for Madden 12. I just don't see how they can turn it around with the time they have left unless it can be accomplished by just tuning and not replacing old code with new code.

Suffering is an interesting choice of words. Personally, if Madden 12 delivers a truer to life simulation for me(not getting into comparing other games, but that does factor into the equation), then it will be easier for me to forget when I played 08, 09 and 11.

Based on what I've seen so far, I haven't been this favorably impressed without seeing game play and playing the demo.(minus the players sliding sliding/warping and ball trajectory. not trying to diminish that because it's important) At some point, if the game starts become more sim like, we can't always look back and say, but it had it in LG, etc..... It was out of our control.

We'll see what happens with 12.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #30
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

LG always frustrated me with the running game. By the time Madden 07 was out, I wasn't interested in the gameplay anymore. It was stale, I saw the same issues year in and year out, and I was ready to move on.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 9

Boy, I must be in a minority......I don't have major issues with M11 as far as gameplay. I don't disagree with the things people see and complain about but somehow they don't bother me very much. I'm getting great games, and enjoying myself (and cursing at the game when the cpu does a pick 6).
My biggest gripe is the franchise mode and to be honest, if they had the exact same franchise mode as madden 07 for LG I'd be thrilled. Maybe it's all new to me. Got my first big plasma TV this year as well as a ps3 and next gen madden. I'm thrilled to death....sorry guys.....
BTw....everyone is raving about the presentation (at least what we've seen) and while there are some more correct details, I thought M10 and M11 both had a decent presentation. They've got the stadiums and team entrances etc. Yes it's annoying that all teams are the same but hopefully that's fixed this year. I'm more excited about Madden this year than ever.....now if franchise mode is another dud I'll lose that excitement real fast but will still enjoy playing.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

omfg ....couldn't have said it better with a gun to my head!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »