Home

Madden NFL 12 Videos - Virtual Playbook Gameplay and Presentation

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Videos - Virtual Playbook Gameplay and Presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2011, 04:11 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 12 Videos - Virtual Playbook Gameplay and Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
At regular speed it might not even be noticeable at all.
Hmm, but you were in the NCAA thread right? They showed the DB shuffling at normal speed and it was extremely noticeable in that game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EhAd6AoxZk (Breakdown video which I'm sure you've already seen).

Sure, that's NCAA and we're talking about Madden, but there's no reason to believe it's different. They look very similar in slow motion, so Madden should look very similar to NCAA in regular speed.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:21 AM   #50
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab_Impervious_XII
Hmm, but you were in the NCAA thread right? They showed the DB shuffling at normal speed and it was extremely noticeable in that game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EhAd6AoxZk (Breakdown video which I'm sure you've already seen).

Sure, that's NCAA and we're talking about Madden, but there's no reason to believe it's different. They look very similar in slow motion, so Madden should look very similar to NCAA in regular speed.
Yes that was. I was talking about the suction on tackles. Sorry if I was't clear, Im pretty tired.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:23 AM   #51
Rookie

floridagatorfan's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab_Impervious_XII

He was talking about the suctioning of tackles not the shuffling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2011, 05:33 AM   #52
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Wow... the more of Madden 12 I see, the less interested I become. Looks like many of the things that has bugged me is still in the game. And why can't they fix the locomotion? Player movement still looks way off.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:06 AM   #53
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Those broadcast cameras of the Eagles have my toes tingling.

That shot of the FG was truly amazing. Also the D.Jax reception.

I can't wait to see how the various stadium broadcast camera angles (over a 100 according to the previews) are implemented into the overall gameplay and presentation.

Madden 12 is shaping up to be the definitive signature version of this game. And if May 16th is as good as I think it will be I know I will never talk about Madden 05 and 07 ever again.

You can see and hear the commitment these guys have. They love what they are doing and are going to great lengths to be as authentic as they can with the presentation camera work. I know we are all very curious about the play by play and overall presentation in franchise mode as well.

Fingers crossed.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 05-07-2011 at 08:07 AM. Reason: typos
Old 05-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #54
Madden NFL Art Director

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 12 Virtual Playbook #1 & #2: Gameplay and Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by radatdude2
Gotta say im really impressed with the way madden is showcasing their game. It really shows that they are not hiding anything about the game and that they are willing to show it kudos to the madden team. please Mike Young if you listening please address the jets jerseys the numbers on the sleeves are extremely too small. thanks
We are listening. We had a bug that caused the numbers in game to be a different scale in game then in our art tool (Shipped in Madden 11). Over the past two weeks our team art lead has been addressing all the number scale issues. Plus these videos were finished a couple weeks ago.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:02 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 16

Good videos especially the camera work BUT DAMN at the player ice skating. Where is the foot planting? PS2/XBOX versions of Madden had better foot planting and that was on inferior hardware.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2011, 09:14 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Young_EA
We are listening. We had a bug that caused the numbers in game to be a different scale in game then in our art tool (Shipped in Madden 11). Over the past two weeks our team art lead has been addressing all the number scale issues. Plus these videos were finished a couple weeks ago.

I want to thank Michael Young for responding. It takes some gumption to step in front of the firing squad.
I too am looking forward to the release date. I am wondering if it's possible that we could see things in franchise that had been there in the past (especially old gen). If not, why not? I'm no game designer, but to the laymen it seems that if it was done once, it could be done again with little or no trouble. Others feel the same way. Are we wrong about that? Is there something that makes it very difficult to keep all those features?

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »