Home

Madden NFL 12 Videos - Virtual Playbook Gameplay and Presentation

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Videos - Virtual Playbook Gameplay and Presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2011, 10:48 AM   #65
Rookie

radatdude2's Arena

OVR: 5
Icon14 Re: Madden NFL 12 Virtual Playbook #1 & #2: Gameplay and Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Young_EA
We are listening. We had a bug that caused the numbers in game to be a different scale in game then in our art tool (Shipped in Madden 11). Over the past two weeks our team art lead has been addressing all the number scale issues. Plus these videos were finished a couple weeks ago.
Thanks for the feedback. I must say im really impressed with the direction you guys are going in, authenticity and true to the game. This has me really excited about playing with my Jets and really getting that overall authentic look of the team. You guys have really created a lot of buzz and excitement for Madden 12 that has been missing for some time now. Keep up the good work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #66
Rookie

Falcons11497's Arena

OVR: 13
I'm pumped for August
Old 05-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #67
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 12 Videos - Virtual Playbook Gameplay and Presentation

I'm really excited for the game and felt that both virtual playbook vids were great but the sliding was definitely noticeable and is also noticeable in the NCAA 12 vids. It's really tacky (for lack of a better way to put it) to see a DB slide near a WR instead of taking actual steps to try and break up the play. You can see this happen in the zone defense videos.

Right now my biggest pet peeve is with the animations and how the players don't move as well as they did last gen and how the DB's slide to break up pass plays. Hopefully they will fix this... have a feeling that they'll reduce the sliding but the animations will more than likely still be the same as they were in the vids. We'll see though.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 10

Jury is still out, i like the way they doing pre-game and stuff, but what about stats overlays, banners and other stuff for presentation that they have said nothing about. Past maddens have been terrible with this, and this is vital if they want too stop the NLF2k5 comparisons. Are we going too see player comparisons, stats for season, career...etc. Whats about the halftime show. Things that really define the game. This is what i want too see, besides seahawks birds flying around before games.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:23 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
Some people are able to overlook certain flaws. Sure I want less sliding, I want no suction too. The suction imo was hardly even noticeable. It was also in slow motion. At regular speed it might not even be noticeable at all.

I am sure EA is hearing our concerns about the DB shuffle/sliding. I would imagine they will try to fix it if they can. Not saying they will though.

You have to admit the tackling is much better this year. When they showed the tackle from last year compared to this year it was night and day.

As long as linebackers aren't sliding 5 feet in front of an open hole to make a play on my RB I'm gonna be happy. That was one of the most frustrating things for me last year. Well that and total lack of defense.

And whoever was upset because he didn't see the LBs knocking the ball lose after a catch, well you don't have to worry anymore about that.

Overall its looking pretty good. Already seems to be a step up from 11.
I have to agree. I still can't tell if they got the pass rushing DEs correct. I really hope they do, I can't stand that ridiculous wide arc they use in Madden 11. I really hope they lean on the tackles for the edge rushes. Overall, the game looks better and I like the approach that they are targeting the right folks. The authentic sim elements are what will sell this game. Casual players will not know the difference if the real football elements are in their or not, they will still always buy it anyway. Give us football guys the real deal and we'll be good.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 4
not sure what people are watching but the jukes by bush and faulk looked sooooo bad that im actually thinking about not playing madden 12 at all this year.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #71
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

i fear that their *fix* of zone defense is just increased sliding by the defenders

not good if its the case

it will remind me of madden 09...when Ian related all the frantic motion like *waterbugs*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 24

The Revis play was awful.....he slid about two yards sideways into position with no foot movement.

Same ole, same ole........hope they fix this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »