Home

Has anyone played through the 2007 season...

This is a discussion on Has anyone played through the 2007 season... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2003, 11:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Has anyone played through the 2007 season...

...and paid attention to the salary cap? Just curious how accurate they have it, since under the NFL's current CBA, '07 is an uncapped year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2003, 12:11 PM   #2
*S r*s*d*nt s*ck *xp*rt

ps2baseball's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Has anyone played through the 2007 season...

Quote:

Bigfish said:
...and paid attention to the salary cap? Just curious how accurate they have it, since under the NFL's current CBA, '07 is an uncapped year.

and i get dumped on for uni critiques?!?!

WOW
Old 08-27-2003, 12:14 PM   #3
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

ps2baseball said:
Quote:

Bigfish said:

and i get dumped on for uni critiques?!?!

WOW

Hmmm...

Something that would affect team finances, ability to sign players, and hence, GAMEPLAY

or....

Something that's nothing more than eye candy and has no effect on how the game actually plays whatsoever...

And to answer the post's question, I haven't gotten that far, but I'd love to see if EA got this one right. I doubt it, because I didn't realize the uncapped year until you pointed it out...lol
Old 08-27-2003, 01:18 PM   #4
*S r*s*d*nt s*ck *xp*rt

ps2baseball's Arena

OVR: 10

A) To play through to 2007 means 112 reg season games, which I doubt was done. Which means it was simmed. How does gameplay relate to simmed games?

B) There WILL be a cap in 2007, it just hasn't been voted on yet, but rest assured, the NFL will have a cap.
Old 08-27-2003, 01:31 PM   #5
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

ps2baseball said:
A) To play through to 2007 means 112 reg season games, which I doubt was done. Which means it was simmed. How does gameplay relate to simmed games?

B) There WILL be a cap in 2007, it just hasn't been voted on yet, but rest assured, the NFL will have a cap.

Just b/c no one has played 7 seasons YET, does not mean no one will ever play 7 seasons. Therefore, it will not always be simmed and hence can effect gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2003, 04:17 PM   #6
MVP

kweiss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

ps2baseball said:

Yeah, 112 games might sound like a lot, but I got that far in Madden 2002, and I never simmed a game. Many people finish 162 game baseball seasons for baseball video games, so it doesn't seem that crazy for it to happen in a football game.
Old 08-27-2003, 05:55 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Just making a guess but I would imagine the cap is still in place because they're just going to renew the CBA. The chance they'll just do away with the cap all together is highly unlikely.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:04 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Okay, in the first place, I was just curious about the detail, I frankly don't give a damn about ther relative gameplay issue-ness of the question...and I totally dug the sock question, just fyi.

As to the uncapped year and the CBA, an uncapped year is very often included in this type of situation. Baseball's new CBA actually has 2 of them over the course of the contract, I believe. The reason it is included is that it is: A) a huge "give" in negotiations that makes it easier to get a worker's association to agree to a restraint on salaries, and B) it gives the players association an opporunity to gauge what saleries would be like in an unrestricted environment, which helps serve to set future cap %'s in the next negotiations. I don't have any doubt that the CBA will be extended by '07 as Tags has a great record when it comes to labor. Plus, the NFLPA is either weak as unions go, or willing to work closely with ownership to ensure the continued viability of the league, depending on your particular view of organized labor. Anyway, the CBA is gonna get renewed before then, but '07 will almost certainly remain an uncapped year for those reasons above. I just thought it would be a kick in the butt to make a massive free agent purge prior to '07 to side step the cap penalities, and just wanted to know if I was gonna get a nasty surprise when the year started.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »