Home

Did I miss something

This is a discussion on Did I miss something within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #33
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Did I miss something

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyghtWork
Wow
I think all the plays will be 3stars for me, to use all 400 plays on O.
You don't have to add all of your plays to the Gameplan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
The last I remember reading, a bug is preventing this, and they plan to patch this issue.
I haven't heard anything about this at all. Custom Playbooks are usable online so far as I know, but I'll see if there's anything preventing it. It might just be that with PSN down, we can't test them, so they want to mitigate our risks on release.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #34
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski

I haven't heard anything about this at all. Custom Playbooks are usable online so far as I know, but I'll see if there's anything preventing it. It might just be that with PSN down, we can't test them, so they want to mitigate our risks on release.

Partially out of curiosity, and partially not, are you assuming duties similar to those of a Community Manager, or are you still posting on here for your own personal enjoyment?
Old 05-10-2011, 02:11 PM   #35
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Partially out of curiosity, and partially not, are you assuming duties similar to those of a Community Manager, or are you still posting on here for your own personal enjoyment?
I have some community related duties, but nothing to do with OS. I'm here by choice. It's been my site for years.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #36
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I have some community related duties, but nothing to do with OS. I'm here by choice. It's been my site for years.

I figured as much. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #37
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
It's actually a 10 point rating scale (half stars)... just want to point that out because it's important when considering how much wiggle room you have with your weights.

I see what you're saying with this, and it's something to consider, but I'd counter with the fact that you control where you set these weights.

If you rate a play 1 star, and you have 15 plays averaging 3 stars in the group, that play will be called 2% of the time. Not much, clearly. But then, who set that play to 1 star? If you wanted it called more than 2% of the time, why did you rate the plays that way?

Assuming there are 15 plays in a given situation (the Madden 11 limit), any single given play can be set to be called anywhere from 0.7% to 42% of the time. This is, of course, dependant on what you set the other plays too. If you want plays to be called more or less often in a situation, adjust the ratings to suit. That's the point.

The thing to keep in mind is (and this'll seem really obvious, don't think I'm questioning your intelligence) that no matter how you slice it, you only have 100% to work with. If you elect to rate a play that low, or you elect to put that many plays in a given situation, you're going to end up with some called less than others. A baseline still leaves us with 100% to work with, we just dilute the ratings system to bring everything closer together.

All that said, again, there is definitely a better way to do this, and it's something I'm considering for next year.
Thanks for the response! And yes, I forgot about the half stars, it's been that long since I messed with Gameflow.

But I plat a lot of offline franchise; it's all I play. I have no idea how many hours I've logged (days, weeks?) but your servers probably do!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:42 PM   #38
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

Thanks for checking out the Custom Playbook issue..but Im a 360 user...it seems wierd that if the PSN is down, it would have an affect testing at least on the Xbox Live.

Anyway, hopefully their isn't any bug (at least with the 360) so their is no problem during the launch....But thanks again for trying to help out.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #39
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
This is a memory issue (connected to the ridiculous loading times for gameplans last year). Yes, you'll be stuck with My Gameplan if you have a playbook loaded. Otherwise, we end up with either absolutely ridiculous loading times or PSN/XBL rejection due to invalid files. I went over and over this with the lead engineer on the project, and there really wasn't a way around it without a complete redesign, which would have meant no custom playbooks in Madden 12.

so in M12..will the gameplans load much faster? or are we still looking at long load times of gameplans?
Old 05-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #40
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
There was a brief blog on custom playbooks that was supposed to be released but wasn't for whatever reason. I'm not sure why.

Basically, it works almost exactly like 2nd gen custom playbooks, but the capasity is much higher. 400 plays in 40 formations, plus it works in concert with game-plan so you can set the weight of plays as you are going. Now, that's not combined... your offensive and defensive playbooks are seperate entities, so it's 400 offensive plays and 400 defensive plays.

I'll try to see what happened with the blog.
Purchase worthy. Now if the CPU plays D, and commentary doesn't stink, it could be awesome

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »