Home

What is "dynamic player performance?". . .

This is a discussion on What is "dynamic player performance?". . . within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #25
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: What is "dynamic player performance?". . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
That's fair, though it would be no surprise if this is over done. It seems sometimes when EA lays out these new addittions, on paper they look great. But once you get your hands on the game the new feature is either non apparent, or way way overdone.

Hopefully this is done well. Would be awesome if you could have a #4 receiver who rarely plays and has a break out year, kinda like Brandon Lloyd's season last year. Then you give him a big time contract and he's a one year wonder
Agreed.

I have said many times, EA has had really nice ideas and features... that were incomplete/unfinished/ignored the next year... and then later removed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

what was that feature from NCAA, when you perform well you get performance boosts, do badly and you regress?

edit: whoops, beat me to it.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #27
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I have a better understanding of how this aspect affects Franchise Mode now, but can't talk about it until Monday.

However, I will say that apparently what it does to Franchise Mode only affects Franchise Mode, and it results in other changes for other stuff (so I assume online, regular exhibitions, etc.)

It seems arguable that this is EA's "big" and most touted new thing for this year.
Thank you for this right here Chase, great news, IMO!

I was becoming a little concerned that the presentation and gameplay "sizzle" was the main course but this has changed that for me. No matter how it all turns out, the fact that attempting to make ALL the individual NFL players in Madden behave differently, is a priority, confirms a change in POV for EA football games, IMO.

The franchise upgrades will be icing on the cake but "dynamic player performance" is core to immersion for ALL the game modes. This will allow me to actually overlook existing animation, penalty and other issues at least til Madden 13.

Looking forward to finally enjoying a NFL football game made by EA instead of EA football games licensed by the NFL.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #28
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Yeah having players play like their real life counterpart is something football has failed at lately. Basketball games really grasp the concept and ran with it. I'm thrilled Madden seem to understand the vaule of authentic behaving players.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Yeah having players play like their real life counterpart is something football has failed at lately. Basketball games really grasp the concept and ran with it. I'm thrilled Madden seem to understand the vaule of authentic behaving players.
I am anxious to see how player tendencies work in Madden. Player Tendencies has worked well in NBA 2k. Especially for Contact & Constant Movement games.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:19 AM   #30
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
"
  • Dynamic Player Performance is an all-new feature that creates unprecedented realism as a player***146;s skills and confidence will rise and fall based on his performance throughout a game or in Franchise mode, just like the real NFL. No two players will play the same in Madden NFL 12, and more details will be revealed at the E3 Expo on June 6."
Sound like a feature 2k had in it's games since dreamcast

*no I'm not a fan boy*
Old 05-12-2011, 10:43 AM   #31
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
Yes Madden last gen also had this feature.Hot and cold streaks, every 4 weeks your players would progress.(Madden04,05)
Good point & hilarious sig, bro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #32
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
So, Phil Frazier just tweeted:

So what does that mean?

Pastapadre is also asking. He tweets back:

Anyone have any idea?
Its a feature that was implemented in Tecmo Superbowl and NCAA 06' where you players ratings would go up and down during the game. If you ask me I think it is already in the game but hidden. Kind of like momentum during the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »