Home

Player Holdouts: The Day My Franchise Died

This is a discussion on Player Holdouts: The Day My Franchise Died within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #9
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Player Holdouts: The Day My Franchise Died

My understanding is that we are supposed to get some kind of Franchise blog on the 16th. So sit tight.

Last year we were told time and time again that Franchise would see a lot of love moving forward, and they said that is something they were working hard on this year.

Also, AJ [adembroski] is a hard core franchise guy. While I am sure he wasn't brought in to be Josh Looman's right hand man, I am know he has had some input. He posted shortly after he got there about finding and fixing some weather related bugs.

So, in regards to Franchise mode I am really hyped.

[It's just the stale looking game play that has me cynical. I want to play NFL, not NHL.]
Old 05-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

No Holdouts? My depth chart was definitely correct, and I tried moving them around on the depth chart, and to new positions, to no avail. That's really odd. Old code maybe? I have no idea. But they definitely wouldn't play, and they received a hit from the player progression system for not playing all season.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #11
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Those aren't hold outs. If they were, then they would return at some point in the season, or else they would not get any money that year and we know that's not true (if they were holding out your CAP would be higher with them not playing).

It's a glitch, and it sucks. What I usually do is make them into punters and cut them, then resign and switch them back. Sure they are cheaper, but you have to deal with a CAP penalty anyway so it evens out. Hopefully Madden 12 fixes this, cause even though it's rare, I've had a Franchise were I got a high profile FA and he didn't play a snap till I had to cut resign, now that was a nasty CAP penalty the following year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 1

I don't know about lockouts, I've never seen that in x amount of franchises I've made, with all different teams.

I do know that on All-Madden a few times a was close to a record game, and the CPU would take out my players that are having a great game and sub them out. No matter what the score is, can't change the depth chart, not injured, just off of the field. Then he's back the following week.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #13
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Let's ask you this first since I'd assume most of us are thinking this is on PS3 or 360.. what system are you playing on? The next-gen Maddens do NOT have hold-outs.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 05-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #14
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Let's ask you this first since I'd assume most of us are thinking this is on PS3 or 360.. what system are you playing on? The next-gen Maddens do NOT have hold-outs.
I agree with this. I havent seen a holdout since the PS2 days. Back then, it sucked because you couldnt trade the player while he was holding out. The only option was to give him the deal that he wanted, and THEN try to move him. If you didnt have the cap room, then you then had a guy who woulnt play and you couldnt move.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 8

I'm not sure if you did this but I happened to see that Steve Smith (CAR) was holding out the other day in my Dolphins franchise. It listed it under the transactions screen for Preseason Week 1. Weird thing though...he was back on the field when I played CAR in week 2 of the preseason. Maybe the CPU worked out a new contract?

If that's the case, you were notified...just not in a very clear way. Regardless, it needs to do a better job.

EDIT: I'm on PS3 by the way. Maybe they aren't implemented correctly but the current/next gen Maddens DO have hold-outs, at least as far as the transaction screen is concerned.

Last edited by woodjer; 05-12-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

360. So they really weren't holding out? That's funny. I guess I Just assumed because they were three starters and wouldn't play at all. Any idea what causes the glitch?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »