Home

Few Questions

This is a discussion on Few Questions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2003, 02:43 PM   #1
MVP

jason8ooo's Arena

OVR: 9
Few Questions

First of all let me say that I am using the Bills in my franchise. Here are my questions....

1. How do you stop your opponent from coming back in the fourth quarter? I was up 24-3 at the start of the third quarter against the Giants and they end up tying the score 35-35 with 41 seconds to go(they got 2 picks and recovered an onside kick). I win on a last second field goal.

2. How do you switch the hand of the ball carrier? So if I'm running up the right sideline, how to I make the ball carrier hold the ball in his right hand? A couple of times I have fumbled because the ball carrier had the ball in the wrong hand.

3. How do you sack the QB on a regular basis? I have only got 4 all season and I am in week 12. In an online game I got 4 in one game.

4. How do I get more yards on kickoffs? I've only got past the 35 yard line once. When I play somebody online they get to the 35 yard line almost everytime.

Any help would be great, thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2003, 02:50 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Few Questions

Jason,

Sounds to me like you need yourself a GOOD set of sliders! Read through the Sliders Thread here in the Madden Forum and try some of those on for size.

And incase you are interested......Millennium's and Jistic's are AWESOME starting points when talking about Madden Sliders.
Old 08-29-2003, 04:27 PM   #3
MVP

jason8ooo's Arena

Ok I'll try out some sliders, this is also a bump.
Old 08-30-2003, 02:28 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 19

Quote:

jason8ooo said:
First of all let me say that I am using the Bills in my franchise. Here are my questions....

1. How do you stop your opponent from coming back in the fourth quarter? I was up 24-3 at the start of the third quarter against the Giants and they end up tying the score 35-35 with 41 seconds to go(they got 2 picks and recovered an onside kick). I win on a last second field goal.

2. How do you switch the hand of the ball carrier? So if I'm running up the right sideline, how to I make the ball carrier hold the ball in his right hand? A couple of times I have fumbled because the ball carrier had the ball in the wrong hand.

3. How do you sack the QB on a regular basis? I have only got 4 all season and I am in week 12. In an online game I got 4 in one game.

4. How do I get more yards on kickoffs? I've only got past the 35 yard line once. When I play somebody online they get to the 35 yard line almost everytime.

Any help would be great, thanks

Jason....
1. Lower the CPU's Defense awareness a tad bit... But I too have had crazy CPU comebacks...
2. I'm not really sure of changing ball carrying hands... Will try buttons when I play tho...
3. Lower the CPU's Pass Block all the way... And your Pass Block all the way as well... I have been sacked 2-3 times in a game, and I have sacked the CPU 2-3 times aswell...
4. Increase the Kick Off Length... But not too high or else you'll be giving the CPU touchbacks everytime...

All of these can be found in the Sliders Portion of this site... Hope I helped...
-DL
Old 08-30-2003, 02:30 AM   #5
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:

Push the stif arm button opposite of the one closest. In other words, if you have the ball in your left arm, hit right stiff arm and it will switch.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2003, 03:03 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

jason8ooo said:

Here are some suggestions without sliders:

1) Well you have to use sliders to keep them from not comeback all the way, but I would try to play a tighter D and run the ball more instead of trying to run up the score.

2) I think it was already stated, but like they said just press the trigger to stiff arm with the arm the ball is in and it'll switch the ball to the other hand.

3) I use a good coverage scheme. Most of my sacks come off of coverage sacks. Also take advantage if you double team a guy with 2 safeties then move one the be like a line backer and rush him in.(only do this if you have confidence in your man on man coverage)

4) Try running the ball quickly to one side and than going to opposite way as everyone commites. it usually works for me and if not I can usually break something up the middle for a few extra yards.

There are a few suggestions that I personally do.
Old 08-30-2003, 03:41 PM   #7
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

JohnDoe8865 said:
Quote:

Push the stif arm button opposite of the one closest. In other words, if you have the ball in your left arm, hit right stiff arm and it will switch.

Wouldn't that be the other way around? Pushing the stiffarm button for the arm that the ball is in will make him switch it over. If you were running towards the left sideline and had the ball in your right hand, you would want to push the right stiffarm button.
Old 08-31-2003, 09:49 AM   #8
MVP

jason8ooo's Arena

Thanks guys I'll try that out. I have another question. I realise when I play people online they go "bump and run." What I notice when they do this is they go man to man and play really tight. How do I do this?

EDIT: Yet another new question, I heard that if I want to change sliders mid season/franchise I need to start over? Is this true?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »