Home

Does this game make you angry?

This is a discussion on Does this game make you angry? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2003, 03:13 PM   #1
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11
Does this game make you angry?

there are some games where i can just play and never get mad then there are games that sometimes make me really angry, like Madden.

so i go and start a game in my franchise. Browns @ Cowboys. i figure this should be a breeze for me. no problem i should win. no Quincy Carter had something to say. going 13-15 for 317 yards and 3 TDs in the first half. Kevin Jones there rookie running back had one run of 79 yards for a TD. this is pathetic. Antonio Bryant had 2 catches both for TDs over 70 yards. one i gang tackled him but wait will i have 3 guys tackling him he some how does a spin move and runs to the endzone. sometimes i get mad and just slam the controller cord around. this game got me real mad. i broke one of my controllers and this storage thing next to my TV and PS2. i can't recall a QB ever throwing for 300+ yards in a half or one receiver having 2 catches over 70 yards. on defense i played zone after i realized that all they were going to do is pass. most of the time they were doing 2 WR sets so i had plenty of DBs to cover the WRs. but still even if 3 people are tackling a guy he can still get away. thankfully i have another controller but now i need to get a new one cause that one is broke from my cousin dropping it and stepping on it on accident.

there is just something about a QB who can run but not really pass throw for 300+ yards in a half. i quit because i didn't want to break anything. i know its a game but damn thats not realistic anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2003, 03:46 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Does this game make you angry?

You're right, this game can be a big problem, but before you freak out try some sliders in the forum. They can make the difference between frustration and football goodness.
Old 08-28-2003, 03:55 PM   #3
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

i already have sliders. so thats not it. i even bumped up Human Awareness a bit to maybe help me.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:22 PM   #4
Champs!

Kearnzo's Arena

OVR: 18

That seems to happen a lot to me to. I will get a really good drive going, chipping away at the D by mixing it up and scoring the TD. Then, they get the ball, and either hit a WR on a slant or something and he blows by everyone somehow for the TD, or there tailback breaks like 5 tackles on a run and spins away from the D for a far too long scamper. It gets really frustrating sometimes when you spend a long time on a really good drive, then they hit a cheap long pass for the TD out of the blue. I just played the Giants, and after 1 quarter, Collins was 5 for 7 for like 200 yards. ON 5 COMPLETIONS! 3 were over 50 yards.

I consider myself pretty good at D, and it's just frustrating when this happens all the time.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:39 PM   #5
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

i'm not good on pass D at all but doing that good should not happen. i have sliders that i use to. hopefully once i try it again it will actually be realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2003, 10:09 PM   #6
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

STOP WHINING YOU SISSIES! LEARN TO PLAY DEFENSE! IT'S NOT THE GAME, YOU JUST STINK!!!!

J/K

Somebody's gonna say that pretty soon, though......
Old 08-28-2003, 10:28 PM   #7
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

ya i know i need to learn defense. but serioulsy Quincy Carter doing that well?

wouldn't you think playing zone and man to man and then back to zone would stop them. granted my SS and FS aren't the fastest. Jason Sehorn and Robert Griffith but Nathan Vasher should have caught up to them.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:42 PM   #8
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Anybody that would break a controller over a video game scares me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »