Home

Best/Longest Franchises

This is a discussion on Best/Longest Franchises within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Best/Longest Franchises

As franchise mode has become a big topic, I began to feel nostalgic for Madden 07's franchise mode...my first Madden. I was so into it that i'd come home from work and go right to the game to put guys through training camp, practice skills, read scouting reports, make trades etc. I only played games at night when things were quite enough to concentrate.

I started off with two really long chises. Since then I rarely go beyond 5 years. I was totally immersed in listening to Bruno talk about my games, reading the newpapers, emails from players, scouting reports (including what other teams were saying about my guys) etc.

Chise 1 was the Giants whom I took the year 2030. After the first two seasons I started simming the regular season and only playing the post season games. I remember one great running back with 98 speed, 96 trucking and was something like 6'4" and 260 pounds. Imagine a Sherman tank with a jet engine.

Chise 2 was the Vikings. I also simmed most games and played the postseason (just loved the front office stuff so much) What I remember most was getting a core of a QB (lefty named Berger), another beast running back (I traded away the farm to move up in the draft and get him) and great WR with high 90's speed, high 90's jumping and was 6'5" or taller with a really high vertical leap (42 inches I think). This core won 3 superbowls in a row and 5 over 8 seasons together....nice "dynasty". Had so much fun and all three guys were inducted into the hall of fame. I even remember the RB, who was the last of the 3 to retire, losing ovr points and having been high 90's in his prime was down to 82 at the end which I thought was a nice touch. He lost trucking and speed......

Anyone else with a "chise to remember"?

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Best/Longest Franchises

no not really franchise sucked so bad i couldn't play more then just 3 years and i simulated the first 2 years o and the NCAA draft classes sucked too when they were imported
Old 05-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Madden 2005
Took my Browns, signed Craig Krenzel and built him into a 90 OVR starter. He averaged 30 TDs and 5 INTs in a mean West Coast offense that was powered by Lee Suggs and a decent run game for about 2 seasons.

After a couple of years without a decent playoff run I decided to switch gears and got rid of Suggs and opted with a 1st Rd. pick at HB that ended up being the equivalent of Ki Jana Carter... Great abilities... but he was always injured.

Took this franchise for about 8 seasons before moving on to other things.

Madden 11
I am in my 5th season with the Browns in Madden 11.

Season 1 really allowed me to figure out some slider tweaks... I won the Super Bowl in season 1 behind a decent year from Hillis and McCoy. We beat the Cowboys 19-13 in OT to win the Super Bowl that season.

Season 2 showed me that being a champion is difficult to repeat as we went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. McCoy was MVP of the league but just didn't pan out in the end.

Season 3 We beat the Eagles 36-31 to win our second Super Bowl in three years. It was a great season that saw the new face of my running game,
Spoiler
take the league by storm. He had around 1300 yards and 15-18 TDs and we blasted through the season for a 13-3 record. No one really threatened us all season.

Season 4 Just finished with McCoy breaking Marino's single season passing yds record (Ended up with 5189 or something). The worst parts of this season involved McCoy throwing 20 INTs as I really forced too many passes and got screwed on a lot of janky D-Line INTs.

Made it to another Super Bowl and faced the Cowboys. My team got stomped from the start. Lost 30-0...

Season 5 It was a sad time going into the draft as we traded Peyton Hillis (95 OVR) for 1st and 3rd rd picks. We have made it through a couple big injuries to the LBs and hold on for some close wins. Right now we are 6-0... The division race is going to be tough though.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
Pro

footballfan4life's Arena

OVR: 8

In Madden 08 with the Pats, I was able to get to 2020-something. All current players retired, which made it more fun because I had to do more scouting and such. I had Michael Turner until he retired, and drafted a 99-spd 6'3 and 98 Break Tackle. best chise of my life.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

In Madden 08 i remember taking over the Colts and after two seasons winning with Peyton Manning i traded him for the first overall pick and got a 95 ovr QB out of college, we won the next two superbowls and he won an MVP. Lamar Solomon was his name and he was literally a perfect QB he had scrambling ability on top of a cannon arm and 99 quarterbacking skills.

My longest was the Browns in Madden 10. In my draft I got Devin Sarra and Kammron Pompey i added Jonathon Stewart who became the all time leading rusher and we were a dynasty however as Sarra aged into a Manning or Brady level of quarterback, he became injury prone and Michael Bolt and Marquan Adams were forced to carry the team until I traded all of them for picks. The next draft was the English draft and I of course got English, James, and Bellows who in there second year helped me win another title. I always simmed through the seasons to get to the offseasons. The one player that always stood out around the league was Philip Okafor who ran for nearly 2000 yards a season and just dominated the competition and even me in the AFC Championship one year.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »