Home

Madden NFL 12 - Switch Teams in Offseason, Scouting Reworked, Free Agent Bidding Wars

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 - Switch Teams in Offseason, Scouting Reworked, Free Agent Bidding Wars within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 12 - Switch Teams in Offseason, Scouting Reworked, Free Agent Bidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInSaratoga
I don't think you get the money (cap space) back. That's not the way it works in the NFL, and I don't think it worked that way in Madden 11. Though I sort of remember it working that way a long time ago, whatever the year was that had Culpepper on the cover.
Yes, it gave you the extra money to sign another player in the IR players roster spot, but unless you had an extra roster spot you had to release a player if you had a full roster. This especially sucks when the injury makes you go under the minimum needed to play. So you had to release a player you initially didnt want to release.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 12 - Switch Teams in Offseason, Scouting Reworked, Free Agent Bidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Man, Madden is throwing out improvements like candy. They are really doing a nice job this year.
They are. They have a ton of gamers jumping back on the bandwagon. If the info on Monday is great, I will too.
I wish NCAA was throwing out improvement like candy. Have to wait a week. Wish the embargo ended the same day as Franchise/SS
Old 05-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 15

I remember them saying that it would be impossible to get HC into madden this year... however as far as i can tell, everything that they had in HC is in. Im sure it wont be as deep or as polished, but scouting logic, free agent logic, sounds great to me.

Im a bit dissapointd about there being a "slight" difference bewteen coaches. I guess that something from HC they didnt put in. But seriously this is close enough.

I havent played madden more than 6 weeks since the last iteration on the PS2, mainly becuase im not an online gamer and all that i play is franchise mode. This sounds like the madden i bought a 360 for
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 15

Only thing I havent heard that I really hope they got in is training camp (Drills that you can select certain players to run and try to raise their ratings) and pre-season position battles.

Both of these were in the old PS2 games and I would be surprised if they werent included.

I am also SO happy to hear that the biggest "gameplay" feature hasnt even been revealed yet. What could this be??

Great job so far this year Madden team!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #53
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Ok the fact that editing players in franchise is now available, as well as the changes to Fa bids and scouting have me sold.

Plus now I can actually use the ncaa dc's since I can fix any wonky stats, like someone like cj spiller coming in with 79 speed or the crazy qb ratings. Though I seem to remember adembroski saying they were in the process of testing/tuning the classes to match the hand made ones.

This is some GREAT news

sent from parts unknown
Old 05-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 12

Scouting Reworked: Tiered scouting system reveals ratings tied to different events (college season, combine, pro day, individual workout).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^
I'm really digging this. Here's hoping we get realistic ht/wt/40 times for respective positions. Too many 5'11 DT's and too many Offensive Guards that run 4.6 40's. Granted, there are always exceptions i.e. Dwight Freeney running a 4.4 but, Madden's draft classes have always been full of what in real life would be anomalies. I would also like to see positions like DE/OLB, FB/TE/H-Back, etc.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

Scouting Reworked: Tiered scouting system reveals ratings tied to different events (college season, combine, pro day, individual workout).
Pro Day? so does this mean college stadiums in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #56
WAT
Rookie

OVR: 0
You know what would be a nice imrovement? If you could select from NCAA who you want to enter the NFL. Pretty much create your own draft class. Now that would be something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »