Home

Any guesses on the main "unannounced" feature?

This is a discussion on Any guesses on the main "unannounced" feature? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2011, 01:22 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: Any guesses on the main "unannounced" feature?

I think it'll be similar to 2k11 with weekly altered player ratings. The dynamic ratings have been discussed in franchise, but it's going to apply online more. Either that, or online franchise updates.

But I really don't care because the franchise news is so overwhelmingly awesome, I may get a ticket driving home from picking this game up at midnight.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:59 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
I think it'll be similar to 2k11 with weekly altered player ratings. The dynamic ratings have been discussed in franchise, but it's going to apply online more. Either that, or online franchise updates.

But I really don't care because the franchise news is so overwhelmingly awesome, I may get a ticket driving home from picking this game up at midnight.
LOL, I was think the same thing. I already told my wife that I will up all night on the August 30th.

If it's one more big thing, I hope it's an all out coach mode like HC '09 but better.
It would be awesome too if they could introduce the 2K name recognition system for both first and last names. Also smart TV style game calling. So they would say "This is our first chance to see first overall pick Jack English out of Stanford" Then if he has a rating of say over 95 for thp, they say "He's just a rookie but already has one the strongest arms in the league" Stuff like that. It would bring so much more realism to Franchise and the created rookies.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:27 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4

create a fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 04:45 AM   #52
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Just an idea, but if it is dynamic player performance and it translates into a kind of momentum-based gameplay, I like it.

Just imagine:

1st quarter: Your run game is getting stuffed. You're averaging less than 2 yards per carry and your RB and O-line have taken a ratings hit because of that. Vice versa, the opponents D-line and LBs are receiving a ratings boost, because they continue to stuff the run.

2nd quarter: Your RB breaks off a 20+ yard run and suddenly the confidence is back in the O-line and RB, and things are normalized. Your running game becomes easier and you slowly become unstoppable.

3rd quarter: Tackled for a huge loss. The D-line once again receive a ratings boost and you find it harder to run again because your RB and O-line have taken a ratings hit.

4th quarter: You get the idea...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »