Home

Transformation - Who Will You Make Into A Star?

This is a discussion on Transformation - Who Will You Make Into A Star? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #25
TLF
Rookie

TLF's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Transformation - Who Will You Make Into A Star?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droopy03
But make them a star????? Jamarcus Russell are you for real? This is Donnie job and he scouts the players thorugh the year 24/7 we watch them on sunday's and for some of us only when they are on national televised games. Do people want a challenge? Does anybody ever think why it took them so long to put it in the game? Why do franchise and have a draft when all you are going to do is put people better than they are???

Also if people have a problem with the way they rate some people change the ratings before you start your franchise mode to what you like..
i dont have a problem with his ratings of the STAR players in the NFL

its the backups and players who dont see the field as much that i hate , JUST because they see the field less means they suck
(69 overall and lower usually for backups at most spots)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #26
Observer

guaps's Arena

Quote:
But make them a star????? Jamarcus Russell are you for real? This is Donnie job and he scouts the players thorugh the year 24/7 we watch them on sunday's and for some of us only when they are on national televised games. Do people want a challenge? Does anybody ever think why it took them so long to put it in the game? Why do franchise and have a draft when all you are going to do is put people better than they are???
Yep, that is Donny's job and I don't agree with his ratings. And Jamarcus Russell once was a star in Madden. He was rated an 82 overall rookie QB with lots of upside in Madden 08.

Quote:
Also if people have a problem with the way they rate some people change the ratings before you start your franchise mode to what you like..
One of my grips with franchise mode in Madden has been the inflated ratings. You might start out with decent ratings in year 1 if you edit pre-franchise, but after a couple of seasons those ratings have been inflated (lots of 95+ ratings), so having the ability to edit throughout the franchise is actually a big thing for sim gamers.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #27
TLF
Rookie

TLF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
Yep, that is Donny's job and I don't agree with his ratings. And Jamarcus Russell once was a star in Madden. He was rated an 82 overall rookie QB with lots of upside in Madden 08.

One of my grips with franchise mode in Madden has been the inflated ratings. You might start out with decent ratings in year 1 if you edit pre-franchise, but after a couple of seasons those ratings have been inflated (lots of 95+ ratings), so having the ability to edit throughout the franchise is actually a big thing for sim gamers.
but the problem remains because other CPU controlled teams will still have lots of 90 overall's and higher UNLESS can you edit their ratings too but they are CPU not user controlled so i Doubt it
Old 05-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #28
Observer

guaps's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLF
but the problem remains because other CPU controlled teams will still have lots of 90 overall's and higher UNLESS can you edit their ratings too but they are CPU not user controlled so i Doubt it
True, but in previous editions of Madden you could edit the position and more of players on CPU teams, so I don't see why editing players should be limited to your own team in Madden 12.

Last edited by guaps; 05-17-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #29
Banned

spyder_DG's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLF
From the blog...

Quote:
Edit Players

This is one we talked to you about on Twitter and the forums.

After some discussion, we agreed that Franchise mode is yours to control and that we needed to give you the ability to edit the ratings of any player in Franchise mode, whether they are veterans or the rookies you just imported from NCAA Football.

If you want some QB you imported to be an 85 overall because you won the Heisman with him, you're welcome to edit him to be that high. It's all up to you.
I would say you're wrong
Old 05-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #30
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

OVR: 9

Speaking of Derek Anderson and a bad coaching decision effectively ruining Brady Quinn's career, how about Matt Leinart's?

How does a bad QB like Derek Anderson wind up screwing up the careers of two QBs?

Matt Leinart is definately a guy I would like to bump up. I felt like the Cardinals passed on Leinart simply because they didn't want to give him a chance. Nothing else to it, as he outplayed Anderson in preseason. In an Arizona loss to Tampa Bay last season (Which the Cardinals lost, it was the game where Legeroute Blount hurdled a defender) I saw Anderson attempt a pass into TRIPLE coverage. Say what you want about Leinart, I don't think he would have made a throw like that.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #31
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Hindsight is 20/20. Yeah maybe there were some flaws in his game that showed some evidence that he wasn't as good as some said he was, but the man went #1 overall for a reason. Donny was wrong, but you need to give him a break about that. Nobody is perfect about predicting someone's future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:

That makes sense a lot. I agree with this

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »