Home

who is your team in franchise and what are your first few moves?

This is a discussion on who is your team in franchise and what are your first few moves? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #49
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: who is your team in franchise and what are your first few moves?

I try to play with most of the teams and I think when I use the Broncos I'm going to do a big trade involving Elvis Dumervil and Mario Williams. Since the Texans are going to a 3-4, and the Broncos are going back to the 4-3, I figure this trade will help both. I'll probably trade my 2012 and 2013 first, swap first round picks in 2013, throw in my second, and 4th Round pick in 2012, for Williams and one of their 4-3 DTs. Other than that everyone else I'll have to wait and see what I plan on doing when the final rosters come out.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #50
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5

running with washington (my fave team). first, gonna continue to build the 3-4 defense. (i hope its effective this year). haynsworth will be moved if he isnt already by the release of game. hopefully i can get a 4th or so. the game may allow a higher pick based on rating but im trying to keep it somewhat real. qb is my next look. its time for mcnabb to move on as i dont see that being patched up either. maybe look at carson palmer or vince young as long as they come cheap. not lookin to make either a franchise guy. then movin on to wr. there are so many guys out there that i have to be able to land 1. dont care if its moss or owens but someone is coming to washington. only sydney rice is worthy of long deal (assuming santonio and braylon are resigned). hopefully aso is on the team by then . if not a resigning rogers is a must. there is so much to do with this team and with all the additions this year every team should be a blast. dont know how it will end up but i must give EA an A for effort. they are inputting alot of our ideas. keep it up
Old 05-17-2011, 07:04 PM   #51
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Carolina Panthers fan:

1.) Resign Charles Johnson - Carolina desperately needs help on the defensive line, and Charles Johnson was the answer at DE last year. Priority #1

2.) Resign DeAngelo Williams - When healthy D'Will is among the best RBs in the league, and he almost NEVER fumbles.

3.) Go after Sidney Rice - Carolina has needed a true #2 WR since Moose retired, and someone has to take the preasure off of Steve Smith. Gettis was a steal last year, and LaFell could still develop into something as well, but Rice has ability now and could eventually replace Steve Smith once he retires.

4.) Go after Asomugha or Cromartie in FA to fill the void left by the departure of Richard Marshall.
Easy there, Steinbrenner.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #52
Rookie

not sure what team maybe packers or bills or raiders not sure matter what i wont trade for anyone whats the point unless rating matter for once which i dont belive it since it madden 11 u can put a punter and use him as a o line and he will block half decent so i dont belive ratings mean a dam thing in madden or how i can draft a wr 58 and make him have 1000 yards or a hb witch is 58 pot is F and he already has 1552 yards and only in week 10 and playing on all madden

so for me to trade for anyone pointless till madden proves rating matters and even then i will hardly ever trade i belive doing things in draft

but everyone does things diffrent
and i bet ill go 16 -0 my first season like every madden and win superbowl my first year wish madden was a lot harder for offline franchise
Old 05-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #53
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Team: Seattle Seahawks

Move: Trade for Kevin Kolb and let him be the franchise QB for the next 5-7 years

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Old 05-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #54
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewing6
Gonna roll with my Giants. I don't make many moves season 1. I would prob sign Plax back and then maybe look for a upgrade at line backer and play things out
For the G-men, I'm not interested in Plax, I've got too much WR talent I want to continue to develop.

Here are things I would review as options:

1. get some OL and TE invitees in camp. I'd especially like to find someone to add depth to the interior line or C. I would like a blocking TE at least to maybe replace Beckum. I'd also poke around for a decent FB and maybe move Bear Pascoe back to TE duties from FB.
  2. Take a look at what might be around at HB. Might look at options to replace Ware, and I need tof igure out if 7th round speedster Da'Rell Scott has any potential.
  3. If I can't find any options to trade Beckum for any value, probably at least a 4th round pick, then I will look at trying to change the play book around a little to at least make some use of what he can do as an H back type.
  4. On defense, I need to assess my young LB's. Maybe I'll look at signing Ruud as a FA, but I also need to worrk about the SAM position where I don't really have an optiuon that can cover very well (Sintim). In our Tampa 2 scheme from Fewell, I need to do a better job of protecting the middle on passes this year.
  5. Need to figure out how much playing time to give Prince Amukamara. He should challenge Aaron Ross for nickel duties, and he might even outdo terrel Thomas in some packages as my #2 corner. That gives me some room to use TT in nickel or third safety scenarios to protect the middle. Or maybe PA takes that on as well. (will be interested to see if the Giants playbook has any three safety sets that Fewell likes).
Those are my major personnel issues. We're potentially vulnerable on the OL and the LB corps, though I'm not optimistic there will be much available other than depth help at either position available to bring in this year.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 05-17-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:25 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

Buccaneers:

1. Resign some possible players hitting FA(Ruud, Joseph, Black)

2. depending on player ratings, sign a FA CB(Aso if Talib is gone) and look for a LG(Lutui) if available and possibly a RT. Maybe an undrafted FA like Locke or Devine if they arent signed by release

3. Other than that, I run what I brung. With this last draft the Bucs arent missing much as far as Madden other than speed. I dont need speed though so it holds ittle value to me.

4. Build through the draft. Bucs have a lot of nice young guys to build with in Madden. Id mainly look for O-line or deoth in my Ds back 7.

Clayborn, Price, McCoy, and Bowers are going to wreak havoc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #56
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

Redskins.... Really cant say what my moves will be since the lock out is going on. No telling who will be on the team and who won't be by the time the game comes out.

That said.. if Fat Albert and McNabb are still with the team, I will dump them for draft picks, and possibly a wide receiver depending how the rookies are rated. Its just to early to say. With all the new features, Its hard to say if I will follow the same pattern of the past which was always dumping the older over paid players for picks, and rarely signing more then a couple free agents (usually just Receivers, Corners, and Special Teams).

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »