Home

How many different Offensive plays to you call in a game.

This is a discussion on How many different Offensive plays to you call in a game. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #25
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: How many different Offensive plays to you call in a game.

I usually run 5 -7 different running plays and about 20-25 different passing plays
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 04:06 PM   #26
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

OVR: 9

Why does everybody seem to have difficulty with PA passes?

I run PA boots and PA end arounds excessively on Madden. You can either dump it off, scramble, or throw it down field. You don't get sacked a lot either.

PA plays are like any other play in Madden, some work and some don't. You just gotta find the ones that do. I also find that you don't get sacked as much if you run PA towards the right side of the field.

On-topic: I usually run about 15-20 different plays per game. I like to call a lot of running plays from different formations. I also throw in WR and HB screens, as well as PA boots. My money pass play on Madden '11 is Gun Offset (The one with a FB and HB) Slants and Flats. Mainly because slants are almost always open on '11, as are flats.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:19 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by over9000yards
I run PA boots and PA end arounds excessively on Madden. You can either dump it off, scramble, or throw it down field. You don't get sacked a lot either.
As I've said often, yes you can get PA plays to work, especially on bootlegs. But if they work, they work IN SPITE of the fake, never because of it. They only work if you're lucky and they don't bring pressure from the side your QB is rolling out to (if they do it IS an automatic sack, I've seen it dozens of times)

The thing with PA it, it simply doesn't work. That does not mean a play with a fake can't work, of course it can. Give me a D in Cover 2 Man Under and I will kill them with bootlegs all day. But the fake itself doesn't work. I have NEVER, not once, seen a rusher bite on the fake. For quite some time, I've made it a habit of going to replay after every PA play I called to analyze it, and not one single time that a single DE, DT or blitzing LB waste even a split second trying to go for the back, they ALWAYS go straight for the QB. The fake only seems to affect the pass coverage which can indeed be thrown off a little, but in essence, PA sucks at exactly what it should be good at, confusing the D when it tries to bring the heat.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #28
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
As I've said often, yes you can get PA plays to work, especially on bootlegs. But if they work, they work IN SPITE of the fake, never because of it. They only work if you're lucky and they don't bring pressure from the side your QB is rolling out to (if they do it IS an automatic sack, I've seen it dozens of times)

The thing with PA it, it simply doesn't work. That does not mean a play with a fake can't work, of course it can. Give me a D in Cover 2 Man Under and I will kill them with bootlegs all day. But the fake itself doesn't work. I have NEVER, not once, seen a rusher bite on the fake. For quite some time, I've made it a habit of going to replay after every PA play I called to analyze it, and not one single time that a single DE, DT or blitzing LB waste even a split second trying to go for the back, they ALWAYS go straight for the QB. The fake only seems to affect the pass coverage which can indeed be thrown off a little, but in essence, PA sucks at exactly what it should be good at, confusing the D when it tries to bring the heat.
I get what you're saying, you don't really see players hesitating or tripping due to the PA fake, regardless of how good the QB is at play-action.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #29
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I run maybe 2-dozen plays... I generally will use gameflow if I want more of a challenge and play it as if a coordinator is running the plays otherwise I'll often pick only from the suggested plays.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 0

Probably around 25-30 on average, more when I'm feeling it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »