Home

How do you put your teams together?

This is a discussion on How do you put your teams together? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2011, 08:25 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How do you put your teams together?

In Madden you have to put up the points. I always try to stay with the team's initial philosophy, but I love running the ball and just having freak athletes on the corners to chuck it downfield too. And a great slot guy for the slants.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:39 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4

I always start with the LBs. If they're good tacklers and fast, espicially MLB because thats who ill most control.

Then ill check the DLine. 1 big fat and strong DT to go with one with decent speed, a fast LE and a strong RE who is good against the run.

Next up would be kick returner with great speed. Need one that will get me good yards on punt returns.

Then the order will go -

FB - Strong with decent speed
TE - 80+ speed with good run blocking
OLine - Usually Centre first then the Tackles.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:52 AM   #35
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

1. Strong Arm QB
  2. 97-99 SPD WR
#Winning

How do I build my team?

1. Get an accurate QB for short yardage passing.
  2. Draft Big, Fast HB (Shaydon Favors)
  3. Fast WRs with decent HT and CTH (93 SPD, 6'3"-6'5" and 80-99 CTH)
  4. Super Fast CBs
  5. Draft OLine in 1st/2nd rd every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2011, 10:26 AM   #36
Rookie

warrior7807's Arena

OVR: 7

build from the inside-out. Ideally on Offense, i start with the O-line, then QB. if you have a good Oline and QB you can win with solid contributers on the outsides. on D i like to have my Dline set followed by CB and OLB. i like having at least 3 starting caliber CBs to run my nickle package. i hope ratings matter for linemen this year..
Old 05-29-2011, 10:40 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't know if anyone else does this but if there are players on my team that I feel are overpaid and do not want on my roster, Broderick Bunkley for example....I will re-sign them towards the end of the season to an insane one year deal so they are impending free agents. This helps create cap room for the off-season and gets rid of players that I feel are not worth it.

I also like to sign busts or guys who were great in college but never panned out in the pros. I always liked guys like Peter Warrick and Eric Crouch. I love to build with young guys.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #38
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden1agenda
I build my team by going young in Madden 11 I kept rebuilding the redskins.
Getting rid of everyone over 30 years of age. I love getting speed. My Wide Receivers most have over 90 speed. Also I load up on corners to play my man to man blitz defense in the 3-4 scheme. Thats how i build my team
This just gave me an idea, instead of going young like you I'm gonna do a 2011 version of the Over-the-Hill Gang...

Being a Packers fan there's not a whole lot needed to do, but I have found it extremely hard to use Grant as my running back in 11 and 10 without messing with the games speed/ sliders, so I typically try and get a big play back or make plans to pick one in the draft after year 1 (I'm currently planning on picking up LaMichael James when he graduates in my Oregon Dynasty on NCAA 11).

Like Rodgers my favorite target is Finley, I've always enjoyed using the TE (started back in Madden 2001 with Bubba Franks and All-Madden TE #89), so that's an important part of my offense.

Defensively I like freaks, Clay Matthews, Charles Woodson, Polamalu, Ed Reed, Suh; guys who can beat you with speed or strength, and give you dual threats (hard hitting, ball hawk - Polamalu, Reed, Run coverage and pass coverage - Woodson, and can beat the line with speed and strength - Matthews, and Suh). You get a couple of guys like that on your D and the rest can be somewhat of a constantly changing cast, if you can put together a D like the packers, steelers, and the Ravens (more so in the past) you can allow for turnover at some positions (if you maintain freaks at key positions you can allow players to come and go, you can let AJ Hawk go at the end of his contract as long as you have a Clay Matthews still on your team). Like the Packers I like to have top players and let lesser known guys step into the roles (think BJ Raji).
Old 05-29-2011, 09:55 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

BJ Raji as the top player or lesser known? wasnt he a 1st rounder?
Old 05-30-2011, 01:26 AM   #40
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh43
BJ Raji as the top player or lesser known? wasnt he a 1st rounder?

Yeah my bad, for some reason I thought Raji was a 3rd rounder (clearly not, it was the leap he made from last year to this past year that made him into a big name but great things were expected from him). I meant guys like Desmond Bishop, Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Frank Zombo, and Brad Jones, Williams is now considered an elite CB (and went undrafted) while the other guys are or were relative unknowns coming into last year. Frank Zombo has a sorry rating in the latest update but his play on the field was crucial in the Packers success I expect him to be a mid-70s in 12 (would be sweet if they got his Zorro Z celebration in).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »