Home

Anyone worried about Dynamic player performance????

This is a discussion on Anyone worried about Dynamic player performance???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #25
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone worried about Dynamic player performance????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
My concern is because THE GAME ALREADY DOES THIS. Anyone could tell you that they go through streaks in franchise mode...thats with no DPP....wouldn't you expect the streaks to be more pronounced if you are essentially penalized for having a bad game?

Also, I already find that a team's ovr is no guarantee of a win...however if sliders etc are right, the high ovr teams should usually have the better season. If everyone goes streaky you could have high ovr teams ending up with losing records etc.

I just don't see the point of this feature because the game already does this. I don't know if you play much franchise mode, but don't you already have streakiness? I didn't have a pick for 5 games and then picked Peyton 3x in one game. What will that look like with DPP? I've had other guys in the slider section of the forum talking about how they suddenly can't run the ball for a few games, or are getting torched on the pass etc. It seems to be in the game already. This appears like a classic case of over managing to me. yes, we'll wait and see how it is etc but I'm willing to bet you'll see lots of complaints from FMers like myself because it will add to a streakiness that already seems built into the game......hmmm........
Makes me wonder if they've had it all along and are simply now presenting it as a "new" feature. EA wouldn't do that to us, would they?
C'mon people, I get that E3 is around the corner and in the meantime there is not much new to discuss but be serious.

What Madden currently seems to do and what DPP is potentially going to do, are not the same. Currently in Madden, erratic players performance seems completely random and can happen to any player(s). The consistency and confidence system in DPP will potentially add a realistic rhyme and reason element to streaky player performance. P Manning will have minimal ratings increase or decrease, regardless of how great or bad he plays each week. However, J Cutler's ratings will rise, fall or remain steady directly linked to his weekly play. Default ratings resets happen after 3 weeks, bye-weeks and end of the season, to prevent an erratic player from stringing together more than 3 good or bad games and essentially becoming an unrealistic great or terrible player that season.

What I mean is, the without the resets, there would essentially be no cumulative cap on what a players ratings could climb or fall to. So for example, a player had 14 good games in a season and 2 terrible games, the net weekly increase in ratings could make them a 99 OVR heading into the playoffs. Vice versa for bad games out weighing good games. Also, Player traits will potentially ensure that AI players don't unrealistically perform out of character when going on this streaks.

I understand wondering how noticeably well any new feature added in Madden will work but claiming this already exists or the notion Madden would be better off without it, doesn't seem reasonable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 11:32 AM   #26
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36

We debated about this a few weeks ago, and I have to assume that the depth chart will not be affected week in/week out with the ratings changes. I hope the CPU manages their depth chart on the core ratings and not the dynamic ones -- could lead to [realistic] shuffling if the depth charts are also dynamic.
How did that "un" get there?
Old 05-31-2011, 11:33 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
My worry: Take McNabb in my chise.....now for me I may plug him back in and he may do better I dont' know...but with Dynamic Player Performance, will his ratings continue to fall each week as he plays poorly, thus insuring that he'll play worse and worse as the year goes on and just basically become useless? For that matter will Fitzpatrick turn into a HOF QB because his ratings keep improving? I mean player ratings should be static to some degree no?
Um I don't think you really understood what has been said about DPP. Maybe I'm biased because I've been playing FIFA and PES for a long time, but from the way I understood it, DPP is just what has been around in soccer games for ages, a "form" modifier on his ratings.

Or did anyone ever say that there were no static player ratings anymore?
Old 05-31-2011, 11:36 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
C'mon people, I get that E3 is around the corner and in the meantime there is not much new to discuss but be serious.

What Madden currently seems to do and what DPP is potentially going to do, are not the same. Currently in Madden, erratic players performance seems completely random and can happen to any player(s). The consistency and confidence system in DPP will potentially add a realistic rhyme and reason element to streaky player performance. P Manning will have minimal ratings increase or decrease, regardless of how great or bad he plays each week. However, J Cutler's ratings will rise, fall or remain steady directly linked to his weekly play. Default ratings resets happen after 3 weeks, bye-weeks and end of the season, to prevent an erratic player from stringing together more than 3 good or bad games and essentially becoming an unrealistic great or terrible player that season.

What I mean is, the without the resets, there would essentially be no cumulative cap on what a players ratings could climb or fall to. So for example, a player had 14 good games in a season and 2 terrible games, the net weekly increase in ratings could make them a 99 OVR heading into the playoffs. Vice versa for bad games out weighing good games. Also, Player traits will potentially ensure that AI players don't unrealistically perform out of character when going on this streaks.

I understand wondering how noticeably well any new feature added in Madden will work but claiming this already exists or the notion Madden would be better off without it, doesn't seem reasonable.
I believe an element of it already exists in the game, but that now its something madden is going to focus on, refine, and make more significant.

I've observed minor fluctuations as it is. Its just not largely significant. As much of a madden doubter as I am, on paper, this is not a bad feature. Its just not as original an idea as the blog made it seem, because I have seen nearly this same thing in every franchise mode I've ever played. But on paper, it will be the most dynamic and significant player fluctuation system of its kind. We cant judge until its actually implemented tho
Old 05-31-2011, 11:40 AM   #29
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Weird, I've never seen that. I play franchise exclusively and I'm in year 13 in M11. But I haven't seen team OVR ratings change in franchise without roster moves among the starters.

I'm not doubting you, just asking, has anyone else ever seen this?
I'm an exclusive franchise player too. I've never seen a team's overall rating change at all in-season, unless there are trades made or injuries.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:42 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I'm an exclusive franchise player too. I've never seen a team's overall rating change at all in-season, unless there are trades made or injuries.
It happens all the time to me. I usually start out the season with the same OVR I had last season, and after a game or two it moves up or down a couple points. I've seen it happen during the season, too, and there were definitely no injuries involved.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:45 AM   #31
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
How did that "un" get there?
Hmmm -- I'll have to clarify. It's unrealistic except in the case you're a Redskins fan lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 11:47 AM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Weird, I've never seen that. I play franchise exclusively and I'm in year 13 in M11. But I haven't seen team OVR ratings change in franchise without roster moves among the starters.

I'm not doubting you, just asking, has anyone else ever seen this?
Im pretty sure I've seen my team ratings shift slightly. Never anything significant. A point or two in offense here, a point or two in defense there, and sometimes an overall point or something. I admit I could be mistaken (maybe I didn't make a roster move but had an injury somewhere or something)

Point is, even if I did see it an it is already there, this will be an improvement. Its just another way to make individual players stand out, and on paper, that's not a bad thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »