Home

Official Madden 12 E3 thread.

This is a discussion on Official Madden 12 E3 thread. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2011, 05:01 PM   #65

OVR: 34
Re: Official Madden 12 E3 thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Boom........

Phil Frazier said Pro tak is still in the game. Told you people, Pro Tak will always be in the game, it is part of the animation engine.
He didn't say it wasn't there but I thought he kind of played it down and it seemed like what he said was that the new tackling engine incorporates elements of Pro-Tak. It's probably really wording but I actually think it'll be better off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Really didnt like that in Superstar mode you become starter right away. I thought it would be changed. Not a mode killer, but it will affect my playing time.
I dont want to start over Peyton Manning
Old 06-06-2011, 05:04 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 28

I thought AJ confirmed on here that pro-tak was completely out.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:04 PM   #68
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
He didn't say it wasn't there but I thought he kind of played it down and it seemed like what he said was that the new tackling engine incorporates elements of Pro-Tak. It's probably really wording but I actually think it'll be better off.
Well just a week ago so many people on OS thought pro tak would be gone and I kept telling people they will never take pro tak out because it is part of the animation engine. And Phil just confirmed what I always said.

It will always be in. Can't have certain animations without it.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #69
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I thought AJ confirmed on here that pro-tak was completely out.
Phil Frazier just said it is still in.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 1

If all of the tackling and in-game action isn't animated for trailers, and is real gameplay this game is going to be ridiculous. There were so many times it looked real.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 15

I must admit for the first time in 5-6 years I am VERY impressed with what I see from Madden.

-Cameras are the best in any sports game ever.
-Graphics look MUCH better and cleaner
-Player models are spot on IMO
-Running animations look much better and smoother
-Tackling is worlds better!! The violence of the tackles appears to finally be back.
-Couldnt tell much with the O-Line but it was nice to see the pass rushers be able to immediately sprint torwards the QB as soon as they got by the O-lineman. Didnt have that stuck in mud look.
- ****Pass trajectory and Pass Speed looked MUCH improved to me. The ball seemed to travel through the air much more realistically which will make catching and defending the pass more fun****
-Cut Scenes and instant replays looked great and flowed very well. (There was a scene with Aron Rodgers on the bench which was like 4 yards from the sideline Haha) I assume this will be fixed.
-Kicking cameras were amazing and I like the new kicking meter because its just like the PS2 days. (Hopefully the accuracy part of the meter varies depending on how good the kicker is)
-Saw a stat overlay after a TD that looked SPOT ON to a real life stat banner
-Hard to tell but I did not see much sliding or gliding at all.

EDIT- I have been around here a long time so I know how the hype machine works. I have been EXTREMELY dissapointed in the Next-Gen offerings to date. What I saw from those few minutes of gameplay made me very excited. I think this is the year that I can finally get back in to Madden. I am now anxiously waiting for the demo.

Last edited by ch46647; 06-06-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2011, 06:25 PM   #72
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I must admit for the first time in 5-6 years I am VERY impressed with what I see from Madden.

-Cameras are the best in any sports game ever.
-Graphics look MUCH better and cleaner
-Player models are spot on IMO
-Running animations look much better and smoother
-Tackling is worlds better!! The violence of the tackles appears to finally be back.
-Couldnt tell much with the O-Line but it was nice to see the pass rushers be able to immediately sprint torwards the QB as soon as they got by the O-lineman. Didnt have that stuck in mud look.
- ****Pass trajectory and Pass Speed looked MUCH improved to me. The ball seemed to travel through the air much more realistically which will make catching and defending the pass more fun****
-Cut Scenes and instant replays looked great and flowed very well. (There was a scene with Aron Rodgers on the bench which was like 4 yards from the sideline Haha) I assume this will be fixed.
-Kicking cameras were amazing and I like the new kicking meter because its just like the PS2 days. (Hopefully the accuracy part of the meter varies depending on how good the kicker is)
-Saw a stat overlay after a TD that looked SPOT ON to a real life stat banner
-Hard to tell but I did not see much sliding or gliding at all.

EDIT- I have been around here a long time so I know how the hype machine works. I have been EXTREMELY dissapointed in the Next-Gen offerings to date. What I saw from those few minutes of gameplay made me very excited. I think this is the year that I can finally get back in to Madden. I am now anxiously waiting for the demo.

Thank you for looking on the positive side of things instead of focusing on nitpicky small negative things. Much more enjoyable to read this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »