Home

Calvin johnson 4.33 & 4.35 40 95 speed?

This is a discussion on Calvin johnson 4.33 & 4.35 40 95 speed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2011, 06:03 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Calvin johnson 4.33 & 4.35 40 95 speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
and moss in Minn is EASILY faster than calvin. Moss was leaving fools 10yds behind him. Donte and Moss were a match made in heaven. Donte could throw the pig off of the ball and moss had the wheels to catch up to it.
In Minn moss would leave people in the dust on a REGULAR, CJ hasnt shown me that.

Moss even had to slow up for some of the passes from donte....Show me anything that CJ has done, anything that could touch what moss was doing in MInn. Da boy whould beat his man by 4yds and HAVE TO SLOW UP FOR THE BALL

that is the best video i have seen of CJ and yes he is fast but he still isnt Moss fast
Where not talking about "super freak" when he was young. Where talking about now. We all know moss back then some say was a mid 4.2 guy. Where talking about now, he slow down a bit so having him and Calvin at the same speed is crazy and he ran a faster Tiime than AP and he is a 97. Oh and that's my fav moss video! str8 cash hommie!
Old 06-03-2011, 06:09 AM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
Calvin's a long strider so his speed looks deceptive. Even Plaxico ran a 4.5 and speed looks very deceptive. I do agree for size and speed ratio Calvin is rite up there with Andre Johnson, just Andre is a stronger receiver. I do agree they should make every 4.3 forty person at least 97 or higher but for overall burst AP probably has Calvin beaten there, but in the NFL everyone is so fast plus they are busy making moves, people miss, other players have the chance to catch up, unless it's a straight line then those 4.3 forty people really stand out.

Yeah I said that earlier even the Calvin runs a faster 40 yard dash I said AP mite win in the 10 yard sprint cus of AP's burst but the times don't lie CJ is faster. so AP at 97 speed 98 acceleration. Well Calvin should be 97 speed 94 acceleration at least.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:17 AM   #35
Banned

Quote:
plz stop bringing up combine times. As u knw the players spend MONTHS doing track workouts to get the fastest time possible..95 speed is very accurate IMO....maybe just maybe even a 96.

IMO AP should be lowered a point or two in speed as well.

Also Hester never should have even touched 100 spd, he should have peeked at 97 IMO because he was never the fastest player in the lg (off of game speed) his acc should be 99, and he has the best vision in the game. But he by no means was the fastest
I can use combine times and if the player has game speed if I like. That's the only fact you can use nomatter if they take months CJ is still faster they both worked out for months as you say and he beat AP so what does that make him? Faster? that doesn't mean on field but it gives you a base to start from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg006
I can use combine times and if the player has game speed if I like. That's the only fact you can use nomatter if they take months CJ is still faster they both worked out for months as you say and he beat AP so what does that make him? Faster? that doesn't mean on field but it gives you a base to start from.
imo it honestly isnt a true base.
a 6 lb helmet+ shoulder pads that weigh anywhere from 3-5 pounds. Plus shoulder pads restrict your NATURAL running motion. Also throw in pants/pads that restrict your legs to some degree.
running in equipment is quite different than running with it. Not saying that the faster player is slower,or faster but it factors in a bit and each player reacts somewhat differently.

But im drifting a bit. the combine is different for different players. Some players come in KNOWING that their 40 time is going to make the big difference, others not so much...Prime example AJ Green and Julio Jones. Julio needed his 4.38 40, AJ did not. I forgot what AJ ran (i want to say 4.5) but nobody came in saying that AJ needed to be a burner because that wouldnt be his role in the NFL.

Im not just trying to disagree just to disagree but if i remember correctly AP was coined as a bruising RB who had good speed at the end of his college season. His 40 time would just be a bonus. I dnt follow CJ in college so I cnt say what he was coined as at the end of his season. But anyway thats just my take on it.

and i hope u dnt see this as me disagreeing just to disagree
Old 06-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
imo it honestly isnt a true base.
a 6 lb helmet+ shoulder pads that weigh anywhere from 3-5 pounds. Plus shoulder pads restrict your NATURAL running motion. Also throw in pants/pads that restrict your legs to some degree.
running in equipment is quite different than running with it. Not saying that the faster player is slower,or faster but it factors in a bit and each player reacts somewhat differently.

But im drifting a bit. the combine is different for different players. Some players come in KNOWING that their 40 time is going to make the big difference, others not so much...Prime example AJ Green and Julio Jones. Julio needed his 4.38 40, AJ did not. I forgot what AJ ran (i want to say 4.5) but nobody came in saying that AJ needed to be a burner because that wouldnt be his role in the NFL.

Im not just trying to disagree just to disagree but if i remember correctly AP was coined as a bruising RB who had good speed at the end of his college season. His 40 time would just be a bonus. I dnt follow CJ in college so I cnt say what he was coined as at the end of his season. But anyway thats just my take on it.

and i hope u dnt see this as me disagreeing just to disagree
Good post! I hear you

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »