Home

Is there a good Madden 2006 franchise walkthrough available?

This is a discussion on Is there a good Madden 2006 franchise walkthrough available? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is there a good Madden 2006 franchise walkthrough available?

Hello.

I'm looking for a good Madden 2006 walkthrough, guide or videos of the franchise mode.

I'm especially interested in the Front Office or Owner's mode. I believe there are options to control how much tickets cost, concessions cost, and you can set budgets for marketing.

I'm trying to ascertain what benefit (if any) the marketing has and whether it is seasonal, etc.

I'm interested in screenshots of the owner's mode too.

Thanks for your help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Is there a good Madden 2006 franchise walkthrough available?

Are you asking for the PS2/last gen version of the game? or the next gen version (Xbox 360)?

You could not set ticket, merchandise or concession prices, nor choose how the team was marketed in the Xbox 360 version. The option was available in the PS2 version of the game though.

If I remember correctly the advertising was almost exclusively to drive ticket sales. There were a few options, print, billboards, radio, and TV. The marketing effects aren't seasonal, you don't lose the fan support you built up the prior year (you can change the focus of your advertising, merchandise, concessions, and tickets every week). And as far as the advertising goes I'm pretty certain it only deals with how the advertising is done (print, TV etc.) not what is being advertised (i.e. you can't advertise the fact that you have a new QB, or new big time players) so its not very exciting (though it certainly is better than not having the option).

If you really want to know about the game its only $1 at gamestop, for the PS2 (and 360, which does not have your desired options), or $2 for the Xbox (though only a select few still carry Xbox games nowadays).
Old 06-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
Are you asking for the PS2/last gen version of the game? or the next gen version (Xbox 360)?

You could not set ticket, merchandise or concession prices, nor choose how the team was marketed in the Xbox 360 version. The option was available in the PS2 version of the game though.
I think you just answered your own question.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by zardon
Hello.

I'm looking for a good Madden 2006 walkthrough, guide or videos of the franchise mode.

I'm especially interested in the Front Office or Owner's mode. I believe there are options to control how much tickets cost, concessions cost, and you can set budgets for marketing.

I'm trying to ascertain what benefit (if any) the marketing has and whether it is seasonal, etc.

Thanks for your help.

yes...07 and 08 on old gen had all that.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-06-2011, 02:33 AM   #5
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by zardon
Hello.

Thanks for your help.
Well IGN has a pretty thorough walkthrough...

http://guides.ign.com/guides/698627/page_44.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2011, 02:53 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes, I was asking about PS2. Sorry about that.

I bought Madden 08 for PS3 and although it had a basic owner's mode (front office), it didn't let me change ticket prices or set advertising, I did play for one season just in case it unlocks it the next year but this only unlocked front office but nothing else.

In terms of the positive/negative effect of the advertising. Can I clarify a few things?

+ Advertising was almost exclusively to drive ticket sales
Was advertising always a positive effect? For example, could you saturate the market with advertising or get to the point where the advertising is not working (ie: in a poor economic climate, etc)

+ Concessions
I'm wondering could you charge more/less if you were in an affluent area or not?

Am I correct in saying that an advertising campaign for specific things (like in Rollercoaster Tycoon) would be better than setting budgets for specific advertising?

The reason I'm asking all these Owners mode questions is because I'm prototyping some ideas for my own tycoon/sports management game and am interested in the mechanics and trade-offs of advertising in other games to see how they did it and how easy it would be to create a cut-down version of said advertising effects.

Anyway, I'll try pick up Madden 2006 from Amazon when I get the chance. I'm waiting for ESPN NFL 2K5 and for my leg injury to heal so I can return to work.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #7
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

You don't really need a walkthrough because honestly, that stuff barely has any sort of impact in the game. Here is a quick walk through.
1. set all prices the lowest they can go and you will get fired.
2. Don't set all prices the lowest they can go and nothing happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »