Home

Stat Overlays in Madden 12

This is a discussion on Stat Overlays in Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Stat Overlays in Madden 12

Hopefully with the new focus on broadcast presentation the Madden team has completely re-done the stat banners/overlays.

In recent Madden's the stat overlays that pop-up are written in sentence format. I have personally never seen stat overlays written in sentence format. For example, when a stat overlay pops up for Ray Rice it says "Ray Rice has rushed for over 115 yards". Madden back on PS2 had the stat overlays perfect and they popped up when the QB was walking to the line of scrimmage like they should.

The stat overlay should have categories above with the numbers below them. For example, when a stat over lay pops up for a RB it should look like this.

Name Total Yards YPC Touchdowns Fumbles
115 4.2 2 1

The stat banners should look like this for QB's, WR's, DL, LB's, DB's, Special teams, kickers, etc. This would make the overall presentation for M12 look much better.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed for M12?

EDIT: Sorry I cannot get the format for the stat overlay to lineup correctly. Hopefully you can see what I meant though...

Last edited by ch46647; 06-05-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Stat Overlays in Madden 12

Looks like NCAA did something similar to this last year with their ESPN presentation upgrade. I took this picture from the ESPN article from last year about NCAA 11.

The stat overlay is still layed out a little wierd but it should look similar to this.

But it should be layed out like:

Name Passing Yards YPA TD INT

(Or something like this)
Old 06-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I agree with this 100%. I've even mentioned it before. No where have I ever seen complete sentences for stats. Also why can't Madden include players head shots on stat banners. I would love to see this improved on in Madden 12. Hopefully we get some videos this week that doesn't skip this stuff.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #4
MVP

They actually do have the player picture on the stat banners in M11. But it is just so odd looking at a stat banner written in sentence format. Honestly, they look nothing like stat banners at all. Also, the stat banners pop up directly after the play before you choose the next play.

The stat banner should pop up as the QB is walking to the line of scrimmage. I remember the old PS2 Maddens did this perfectly.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:17 AM   #5
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
They actually do have the player picture on the stat banners in M11. But it is just so odd looking at a stat banner written in sentence format. Honestly, they look nothing like stat banners at all. Also, the stat banners pop up directly after the play before you choose the next play.

The stat banner should pop up as the QB is walking to the line of scrimmage. I remember the old PS2 Maddens did this perfectly.
These are the ones that I was thinking about that have no pictures...The stats just get lost on the scoreboard...plus they go pretty quick
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »