Home

HUGE In Game Saves Bug w/ Owners mode!

This is a discussion on HUGE In Game Saves Bug w/ Owners mode! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2003, 06:03 AM   #1
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12
HUGE In Game Saves Bug w/ Owners mode!

This is so obvious, I'm guessing some of you might already know about this, but I don't remember it being posted.
Credit to Mark D at MP for this.

Ok.....This is messed up!!!!

I must say this first......I am not really writing this to tell folks about a cheat in owner mode that is unfair. Only to warn you about something if you are playing realistic and want to carry out a realistic franchise. So Keep this in mind before you thank me or bash me.

This is for the PS2 and the PC (I dont know about the others cause I dont have them).

Now named: The IN bug (INcome INgame save IN Owner mode)

If you are playing realistic:

DO NOT..........I REPEAT DO NOT!!!!!!! Do not do a ingame save and come back to it later in owner mode. There is a huge bug in this feature that will double your cash for the game.

So if you are at home (the home team) playing....and have to make a run out the house...and choose to come back to the game later...dont save it...your going to have to come back to it later and start the game over. (This is just for your home games).......it will double your income leaving you with unrealistic results.

But of course...if you want to cheat...and want to have tons of money at your first home game to help speed up the process of you moving to another location and build that dream stadium...have at it....cause I dont think there is a limit. I tested this bug after I found out I was screwed and when I got over 50 mil in my first game....I just gave up.

To make it more clear.....do not save the franchise in game....then go to the main menue to reload the game...and finish the game.

I am playing my franchise realistic...so due to this mess up....I now have to restart the whole thing over because of this.

Hey EA...are you hiring for testers???? Those folks you have are not doing there job....get folks like me that will take pride in a game they love.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2003, 08:05 AM   #2
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Huge In Game Saves Bug w/ Owners mode

Thanks MMan.

It sux how you can go from being in the hole one game and then $50+M in the black the next.
The concession stands must run from the stadium to the parking lot to make that much money.
Old 08-31-2003, 05:09 PM   #3
MVP

kweiss's Arena

OVR: 13

Wait, so no matter what, if you save in game during a franchise mode, you automatically get more cash?
Old 08-31-2003, 05:16 PM   #4
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Franchise HOME games.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:01 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Works OK for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2003, 10:34 PM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:

bigeastbumrush said:
Franchise HOME games.

I wasn't sure if you meant just my home games or home games in general, so I tried this during an away game.

I can confirm now that if you do save a game in Owner Mode during an away game, then the home team (human or CPU, doesn't matter) will get more money.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:44 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

From what I understand you are suppossed to get more money for Home games.
Example I tried what you propposed. I had 54 Millon.
After I followed your steps I ended up with 64 Million.

Thats an increase of 14 Million. Thats not bad for a game with 90% attendance.
Old 10-16-2003, 12:34 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Has anybody else noticed this "bug"? I'm getting the game (for xbox) this weekend, so I'll find out soon enough, but I was just wondering if there's a way around it. Thanks, all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »