Home

Madden 12 Quick Clip Ravens@Chargers (Pastapadre)

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Quick Clip Ravens@Chargers (Pastapadre) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2011, 04:16 AM   #9
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 12 Quick Clip Ravens@Chargers (Pastapadre)

A few notes:

First play (kickoff): Sproles makes a 90 degree, 1 yard turn without planting his foot after accelerating for 10+ yards. Same arcade style momentum Madden 11 had.

Second play (Mathews up the middle): Two nice double teams from the offensive line, allowing Mathews to get up field. Landry starts the tackle animation, but Reed, who got 15 yards acceleration, doesn't affect the momentum of the tackle, allowing Mathews a few more yards. I've seen this happen in almost every gameplay video so far

Third play (Suggs sack): Typical Madden play - QB drops back 15-20 yards, while the defenders struggle to get off their blocks. Didn't see any suction, but defenders were kept in blocking animation for too long. What looks like Haloti Ngata at RE ends up interacting with the same lineman three times, even though he could have gone past him after the first interaction - Madden still doesn't display defenders relentless drive to get to the QB.

Fourth and last play (Deep ball to Floyd): QB drops back 18-20 into the end zone. Outside rush (Suggs) should have taken him out halfway there, but as before they get caught in blocking animations. The play should have resulted in Suggs getting a sack (loss of about 7-8 yards) as he basically has a direct line between him and Rivers, but Rivers is allowed to backpedal an additional 12-13 yards while Suggs is locked in blocking animations with the left tackle. Suggs isn't released from blocking animations until Rivers enters the end zone (~16 yards from the line of scrimmage). The play ends with a 60+ yard bomb to Floyd.

Overall, I'm not impressed at all with what I see. Judging from the videos I've seen so far, gameplay looks an awful lot like Madden 11 to me.

Last edited by guaps; 06-08-2011 at 04:18 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 9

The more and more I see, the more dejected get. True to the game ? Rivers dropped back 20 yards and completes a 60 yard pass. What part of the game is that ?
Old 06-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #11
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

^^ Exactly. I am pumped for Madden for the first time in a long time cuz of franchise but the speed that the QB gets back to 20 yards and fact that the pass rushers are still stuck in animations instead of just making a b-line to the QB is pretty disappointing.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise

Last edited by brza37; 06-08-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #12
MVP

Some thoughts....:

1. It's hard to get a real feel from watching a few plays on a camera recording off a tv.
2. The tackling looks better.
3. I think I'll be lowering the breat tackle slider again. Really in madden there are way too many broken tackles. Mathews is a tough runner but he's no Jim Brown. He should not be breaking 2-3 tackles on every play (to be fair I only saw the one running play).
4. Thought pass rush looked better.
5. The zone coverage was horrible on that deep pass. That ball was thrown so far that there's no way a profession DB couldn't close and make a play on the ball (even if he missed, he should be there). The Safety basically stayed 10 yards behind him. That shouldn't happen when the ball is in the air. Oh well.....M11 had the same problem and I learned to live with it.
6. Overall I'm looking forward to this game. It looks AT LEAST as good as M11 which I enjoyed, and the franchise mode and other game play and presentation features look better. I feel I'll get a better product than last year and that makes me happy...maybe not ecstatic...but happy.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #13
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

Other than the graphics, that video was pretty bad. Not true to sim at all.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
The more and more I see, the more dejected get. True to the game ? Rivers dropped back 20 yards and completes a 60 yard pass. What part of the game is that ?

aGain I hold out hope that on all madden this can't happen.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #15
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #16
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

This is the third video I have found of the PS3 version running the game and this is the only one that looks as good as the 360 vids graphically, which is a good thing because I was stressing about it. Game looks great in this video.

ANd yeah, the drop back 25 yards and chuck is lame, especially how fast he drops back

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »