Home

Madden 12 Gamespot SEA VS CLE GAMEPLAY WITH COMMENTARY AND CROWD

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Gamespot SEA VS CLE GAMEPLAY WITH COMMENTARY AND CROWD within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #41
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 12 Gamespot SEA VS CLE GAMEPLAY WITH COMMENTARY AND CROWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsBoYee
PLEASE!!!! Oh PLEASE tell me this is the broadcast camera we can play with!!!! PLEASE!!!!
If so, I wish they would tilt it behind the offense a little so we can see down the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 12:36 PM   #42
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
That would be nice, but it's far from the biggest issue for me.

Improvements seem to be on a larger scale this year, but with this game so far behind others I like, I'm not feeling like it's enough at this point. Still some time so we'll see.
What are you basing it not being enough at this point off of, youtube videos? I don't get how people can judge a game until they have actually played it for themselves.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #43
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
If so, I wish they would tilt it behind the offense a little so we can see down the field.
I like the way it is right now, it looks just like a tv broadcast camera, better than any sports game's broadcast cams that I've ever seen. The way it zooms in on that pass down the field is just like it looks on Sunday.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #44
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
They showed the LE and DT for the Seahawks... but it looks dumb to me not having it shown in full, by unit, like it is in real broadcasts

I just want to point out to people that keep referring to this as a "Starting Lineup", that I don't think that's what it is intended to be. It seems to be a graphic to show stars on the team and highlight, a "Player to watch" out of that group.

I think it lays a nice foundation for starting line ups maybe next year and agree that commentary referencing this graphic would be nice. However, I think it does a nice visual of job what it is intended to do which is highlight team standouts.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 11

i agree, davis82. i can't stop watching it. lol i hope it's a playable camera angle and not some cpu vs cpu cam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 12:56 PM   #46
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
What are you basing it not being enough at this point off of, youtube videos? I don't get how people can judge a game until they have actually played it for themselves.
Yes, Youtube videos. I don't need to play the game to notice every problem. Some things can be seen in videos. The DEs not getting up field fast enough is not going to change just because I'm playing vs watching; contain AI is not going to change; tackle animations are not going to change; RB's are not going to resist tackles more; the footwork is not going to improve; and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I like the way it is right now, it looks just like a tv broadcast camera, better than any sports game's broadcast cams that I've ever seen. The way it zooms in on that pass down the field is just like it looks on Sunday.
It definitely looks good. I'm just not sure I could play from that view. Running lanes are not as visible and I can't see far enough down field.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #47
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
I just want to point out to people that keep referring to this as a "Starting Lineup", that I don't think that's what it is intended to be. It seems to be a graphic to show stars on the team and highlight, a "Player to watch" out of that group.

I think it lays a nice foundation for starting line ups maybe next year and agree that commentary referencing this graphic would be nice. However, I think it does a nice visual of job what it is intended to do which is highlight team standouts.
Problem is they're showing team stars right where the starting line up should be shown. It's either another case of EA trying to go "beyond" TV broadcast presentation or a failed attempt to offer an alternative to something they couldn't accomplish.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 18

This broadcast camera angle is much better than the one they had patched in for Madden 10. I really like how they are also incorporating realistic cameras cuts and angles between plays and using real time presentation to liven up and authenticate the atmosphere.

I hope that these angles will be playable. I really enjoy sports games that give you tons of camera options. The more broadcast looking the better for me.

I echo the sentiments of this forum in expressing my distaste for the commentary. This has been the weakest part of Madden for years and definately lags far behind the great graphics, gameplay and (now) presentation. Even with Gus Johnson, the audio track remains too disjointed and repetitive. I cant see that much more working being done between now and launch to bring it up to par. It's definately an area that needs strict focus next season.

One other thing, while we're on the topic of presentation, we still need a fully blow dynamic halftime/postgame/weekly wrapup show for Madden. Another tick on the calendar as we wait for something that outdoes the immortal Berman 2K5 show. 7 years and counting...

Otherwise, im very happy about the new broadcast camera focus for Madden 12. Ive always said that how we see the game is as important as how we play the game. Good job EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »