Home

how to give coaches more money?

This is a discussion on how to give coaches more money? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2003, 02:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
how to give coaches more money?

ty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2003, 02:46 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: how to give coaches more money?

I think you have to wait until the offseason to do so.
Old 08-31-2003, 05:03 PM   #3
MVP

kweiss's Arena

OVR: 13

Just curious, why would you want to give your coaches more money? Isn't it a good thing if your coaches are being payed less then the league average?
Old 08-31-2003, 05:40 PM   #4
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

No because the board of advisors busts your balls about paying coaches top dollar. Unfortunately, I only found you can raise the OC and DC contract, but not the head coaches', for some reason.
Old 08-31-2003, 05:51 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Who cares if the advisors are saying they're underpaid? I'd consider that a good thing as long as you have good coaches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2003, 07:24 PM   #6
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

i shelled out a ton of money last offseason. i resigned Butch Davis back but then he left once i hired a new OC. i can't think who it was now though since i spent a lot o time trying to scout players and write the numbers and colleges of the rookies so i can put there names in.

but i did hire Ray Rhodes as my Head Coach (89 defense), i think it was [censored you naughty boy] Vermeil i hired for OC, i hired Monte Kiffin for defense, and some dude that was good for K/P for my special teams.

hopefull with the hiring of Rhodes and Kiffin i can improve my defensive rank from 32nd in the league to the top 20.

i think for Rhodes i shelled out like $4.50 million over 3 years, Kiffin was like $1 million for 2 years, Vermeil or whoever my OC is i think i gave them like $3.50 million for 3 years. my STC i gave like $950 thousand for 2 years.
Old 08-31-2003, 07:37 PM   #7
MVP

kweiss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

TheMatrix31 said:
No because the board of advisors busts your balls about paying coaches top dollar. Unfortunately, I only found you can raise the OC and DC contract, but not the head coaches', for some reason.

Yeah, but it doesn't mean your coaches are going to quite or anything. I even remember one time my advisors told me something alone the lines of "you have done a good job keeping your coaching salaries below the league average." The rest of the times though, they are always telling me I am not paying my coaches top dollar.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:03 PM   #8
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

I just wanna know how to give my head coaches a raise. If theyre doing a good job, I want to keep em happy so they dont bolt when their contract is up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »