Home

I thought Madden was EA's flagship title....

This is a discussion on I thought Madden was EA's flagship title.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2011, 10:13 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: I thought Madden was EA's flagship title....

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkmano
FIFA sells like CRAZY, think of the international market dude.
Yeah, soccer is the world's most popular sport, and the consumer base is international. Madden's consumer base is just the United States .
Old 06-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #10
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

FIFA is the moneymaker. FIFA games have been an extremely fun series to play as before I never was really into football(soccer) until playing the FIFA titles and then now Im following many different leagues and absolutely love following the World Cup.
YouTube: TBD
Old 06-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
By the way....you might wanna check it out. FIFA is pretty tight.
I used to buy the FIFA games (along with other sports I don't watch, like NHL, that helped me learn the rules and players) I may pick it up again this year. FIFA is looking pretty amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2011, 11:04 AM   #12
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
FIFA is the moneymaker. FIFA games have been an extremely fun series to play as before I never was really into football(soccer) until playing the FIFA titles and then now Im following many different leagues and absolutely love following the World Cup.
Same here. Played when I was a kid, lost touch with the game for 15 years, decided one day to pick up FIFA 10 and have really gotten back into the game. Not totally, because the way the leagues are set up is so much different from the NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB, but I thoroughly enjoy the big tournaments and any time I can catch a soccer game, whether that's EPL, MLS, college, etc.

FIFA is a GREAT multiplayer game. Madden used to be the thing you played your friends in, FIFA is that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 06-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #13
Rookie

Atomic Martian's Arena

OVR: 5

I wonder why (American) football has yet to catch on around the world? After Watching the World Cup last year I went out and bought fifa. It is a fun game, I won my first match even though it was on beginner. I dont think someone could pick up Madden and win their first game even on rookie.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Martian
I wonder why (American) football has yet to catch on around the world? After Watching the World Cup last year I went out and bought fifa. It is a fun game, I won my first match even though it was on beginner. I dont think someone could pick up Madden and win their first game even on rookie.
I play American Football here in Australia in the sprint/summer. I also play soccer in the autumn/winter.

It'll catch on if you put the marketing dollars behind it.

The first time I picked up Madden, I couldn't tell the difference between a run and a pass play.

FIFA is the best multiplayer sports game. 12 minute games of 3v3.

Madden is just 1on1 over PSN/Live. Its not really fun to play with friends (too slow, not enough action, games don't turnover quick so people watching don't get to play).
Old 06-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Martian
I live in Sweden and love the NFL so I would like to see the sport to grow world wide.

But it is to hard for newcomers. I said to myself, if it is the biggest sport in the US it can't be that bad. I started to read up upon rules and players and started to watch a game every week. I also bought ESPN NFL 2K5. As time passed I learned what the fuss was about and now it is my favorite sport alongside hockey.

But we who don't grow up with the sport don't understand anything and most peaple don't want to spend a season or two just trying to figure out what they are doing and studying all the terms used etc. Glad I did though, awsome sport! But compared to soccer it is a chore to learn.

I am a teacher at a highschool and will take my students out playing flag football as a fun ending of this years schoolyear. Hopefully someone will like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #16
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

As much as I love sports I could never get into soccer man. I played the FIFA demo and its a good game and all, but the sport itself just doesnt capture me.

But the world loves it, so FIFA is definitely the top sports game out now(well in terms of sales that is)
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »