Home

Madden NFL 12 Videos - Eagles vs. Bucs (MaddenMatrix)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Videos - Eagles vs. Bucs (MaddenMatrix) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2011, 12:37 AM   #41
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 12 Videos - Eagles vs. Bucs (MaddenMatrix)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
I have lived here for over 20 years. No... it doesn't. Ever. I still remember when it hailed when I was 8, that is how rare anything like that is. lol
I remember when I used to live in Florida and I was a kid (mid 90's) and living in the Orlando area there was like a chance of 5% snow and I was like ... needless to say it didn't snow, but I do remember a couple hail storms in Florida growing up, especially one when I was younger and we could hear the pounding and saw some nice indents in the car outside. Moved from Florida about 11 years ago, can't say I miss the weather (especially the flash rain and tropical storms/huricanes), though I do miss the warm rain which we don't get in NC.

To add to the video, I hope switching to a slower speed helps the twitchy play and qb speed. It seems kinda sad when EA talks about Madden being all top notch and their default settings would make Madden himself vomit in the EA presidents lap. I thought John wanted a true to life sim game! Where has he been the last few years to kick these guys asses into shape!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 01:12 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

Unrelated to this video, however does anyone know if there are videos featuring the Colts? I don't want to create an entirely new thread for such a simple question, so thanks in advance.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:18 AM   #43
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
I remember when I used to live in Florida and I was a kid (mid 90's) and living in the Orlando area there was like a chance of 5% snow and I was like ... needless to say it didn't snow, but I do remember a couple hail storms in Florida growing up, especially one when I was younger and we could hear the pounding and saw some nice indents in the car outside. Moved from Florida about 11 years ago, can't say I miss the weather (especially the flash rain and tropical storms/huricanes), though I do miss the warm rain which we don't get in NC.

To add to the video, I hope switching to a slower speed helps the twitchy play and qb speed. It seems kinda sad when EA talks about Madden being all top notch and their default settings would make Madden himself vomit in the EA presidents lap. I thought John wanted a true to life sim game! Where has he been the last few years to kick these guys asses into shape!
Part of the reason everyone thinks the game is so "fast" now is because they got rid of suction. Everyone that played the game at E3 says it feels just right and doesn't seem too fast at all, but more like real life. I think after we play the game we'll have a much better idea of the speed of the game. Everyone's jumping to conclusions about this game and hasn't even played it and the build at E3 was only the alpha build, and they are making changes to it as we speak.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:45 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter55
Watching these clowns play is absolutely awful. I see that zig zagging still works (see 1st video, 4:15).

But other than these morons play, the game still looks amazing. And knowing that this is an alpha build puts an even larger smile on me face. One thing to note are the new defensive formations. I don't know if this guy is using the Eagles default playbook, but the Sub formation,the 5-2, and the Over Plus out of the 4-3. I'm intrigued by what kinds of plays are found in those.

If only we had confirmation of whether formation substitutions in the main menu are in...

I'd have a complete field day with the defensive schemes I could put together
my complaints too.

the formations in the Bucs D finally does them some justice. they are on of the few teams running 3/4/5 man fronts on a regular basis. I just hope they added some plays to the 3-3-5 formation that the Bucs like to use. Last years were pretty bland.

nice having a 3-4 set(Over Plus). I was using Jags playbook last year to more like the Bucs real play calls. lol
Old 06-15-2011, 10:54 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
First Clip:
Agility needs to be adjusted to combat zig-zag running (LeSean McCoy’s TD and Blount also in general)
Bowers (LE) and Clayborn (RE) are on the wrong sides unless the user switched them…in the video Bowers is at RE and Clayborn is at LE
to me, i'd probably leave them as is with bowers as LE and Clayborn as RE. bowers was known as the better pass rusher in college and, typically, your elite pass rushers line up as LE. Clayborn was seen as a possible 3-4 DE and they're primarily run pluggers, which is what you tend to find at RE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #46
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehud
to me, i'd probably leave them as is with bowers as LE and Clayborn as RE. bowers was known as the better pass rusher in college and, typically, your elite pass rushers line up as LE. Clayborn was seen as a possible 3-4 DE and they're primarily run pluggers, which is what you tend to find at RE.

One question for you sir what position does Dwight Freeney play??? He has never moved from this DE spot in his entire career...somebody help my man out...this isn't a 3-4 defense

Last edited by seriousluboy83; 06-15-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:32 AM   #47
Rookie

lowndsy's Arena

OVR: 2

I think some are reading to much into this game! They were button masher players and it was on pro setting. The score was 10-7 not 45-38 Vick and Freeman throw int`s when dropping back and not stepping into pocket. Vick is chased quickly everytime he out of pocket another setting possibly sacked and he was sacked twice and had 4 int`s. graphics were excellent and there was a bit of slippage, And its 80 days away from release looking good IMO.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #48
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
It's tough looking past all the problems. Still no contain AI. Still poor footwork. With the new tackling, RBs are going down too easy for my taste. Still no double team on the gunners on punts. Actually, it seems like special teams is the exact same except for the new meter which I wish they would get rid of.

My excitement from those initial announcements is fading fast.

I think EA is more concerned with how long games are than showing replays & stats.
I have to agree with this as well. There are still just way too many fundamental issues that will hamper this game for me. It sucks being a Lions fan knowing that the Defensive Line play seemed to get no attention at all yet again this year. There is still little to no push by the line, and 4-3 DE's still do not appear to be attacking the QB, choosing to instead have a shoving match with Offensive Linemen instead of trying to get AROUND THEM. I just don't understand how most NFL coaches say that your team is built from the Offensive/Defensive Line out, yet this is one of the main aspects of Madden that EA isn't even close to getting right yet. That's just the tip of my issues, but many others have stated the same problems with the game that I have, so I will rest my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehud
Elite Pass-Rushers line up as Right Ends, that's why Left Tackle is the most important/highly sought after/highly paid position on the Offensive Line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »