Home

With All The Forward Steps This Year, What Are You Guys Worried About?

This is a discussion on With All The Forward Steps This Year, What Are You Guys Worried About? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: With All The Forward Steps This Year, What Are You Guys Worried About?

I'm worried about the ends getting up field and containing the QB. In some videos, the ends did get up field and contain the QB, and in others they didn't. I'm worried about the accuracy penalties, or lack there of, when throwing without having the QB's feet set.

I'm worried about the oline/dline ratings. Will they be relevant, or meaningless like they have been for years ? How will this affect DPP ? If ratings carry the same amount of weight that they do in Madden 11, DPP may be destroyed or overpowered because it will be the only thing that differentiates one player from the next.

Certain things that disappoint me, but don't worry me because I know they haven't been improved, are lackluster ( or piss poor) commentary, not being able to select what we want to challenge, and the lack of realistic penalties being called. With DPP, they could have really done a lot with penalties. For an example, if an inexperienced CB gets matched up against a star WR, maybe he gets called for PI and defensive holding in critical situations.

Even though EA has clearly put in work this year, there is still some half-a**ness in M12. They upgrade a lot of elements of presentation, but we still have to listen to that horrendous commentary. They've revamped the collision system, but we still have to deal with the lack of foot-planting animations. They added a lot of new plays, but still, we don't have tiered play calling. They have given us back all of the pre-snap assignments that we loved, but still, we don't have formations subs in the pause menu, and why don't we still have in-game saves ?

Kudos to EA this year, but they're still holding out a little bit and saving something for next year. I'm sick of hearing " maybe next year." Everyone knows why we have heard that over the last six years, so there's no use in beating a dead horse. I'm just sick of hearing it.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I think you need to pay closer attention to tackling. I've watched multiple videos of consecutive/gang tackles. And it seems like you haven't read any of the blogs at all.
Maybe you need to do the same, every year EA shows off a feature only for us to get the game in our hands and not even see it at all or its rare. Like that turn radius video from last year, yea that never materialized into the game as we are still complaining about people turning and stopping on a dime with no resistance or hesitation at all, its just one seemless animation after another.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #19
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Maybe you need to do the same, every year EA shows off a feature only for us to get the game in our hands and not even see it at all or its rare. Like that turn radius video from last year, yea that never materialized into the game as we are still complaining about people turning and stopping on a dime with no resistance or hesitation at all, its just one seemless animation after another.
Since you've felt the need to hit me back with "no u," I'll respond with some evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUQ-...layer_embedded 1:29, a nice initial tackle, and then a follow-up which drives the RB to the turf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOVRc...layer_embedded 43 seconds in, at 1:32, 1:49.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MUJO...layer_embedded 1:15

These are tackles where an initial players makes a hit, and then another player or more comes in and finishes the play. You can clearly see the ball carrier's momentum changed from the second hit.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #20
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I am giddy. Not worried.

I am one of the few who enjoyed the heck out of Madden 11 on the field sans the tumbleweed tackling which by all accounts looks to have been cleaned up big time.

Couple that with all the franchise enhancements I am chomping at the bit for my NFL Football. Madden 12 looks like it will be a big time winner on many fronts for long time hardcore fans of the series. I have no clue if they will ever turn the naysayers into fans of the game because it has always been my belief that if you did not like Madden before...you never will.

Don't know why you would have that belief.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Since you've felt the need to hit me back with "no u," I'll respond with some evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUQ-...layer_embedded 1:29, a nice initial tackle, and then a follow-up which drives the RB to the turf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOVRc...layer_embedded 43 seconds in, at 1:32, 1:49.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MUJO...layer_embedded 1:15

These are tackles where an initial players makes a hit, and then another player or more comes in and finishes the play. You can clearly see the ball carrier's momentum changed from the second hit.
Vids from several different games on a more noobish difficulty, show me all madden and we can talk, other than that, my comment still stands. Sorry but history has proven these things bro and we always fall for this when they show this early footage and pro difficulty every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #22
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Vids from several different games on a more noobish difficulty, show me all madden and we can talk, other than that, my comment still stands. Sorry but history has proven these things bro and we always fall for this when they show this early footage and pro difficulty every year.
Difficulty doesn't change the mechanics of tackling, just as it doesn't change the animations of players or the physics of the football. Whether the CPU is set at Pro, All Pro, or All Madden, the mechanics of tackling won't change. What will change is how the CPU reacts. With your level of aggression and anger towards the series, I doubt you're willing to reason about this. If you want to hate, hate away. But I'm offering you proof and factual statements.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 11

Quality Assurance.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:44 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
I'm concerned that the animations are still over used. In several vids I've noticed the twins syndrone where more than one player is performing the sam exact animations at the same time. I'm also concerned with the locomotion system, the QBs seem to be able to shuffle in the pocket faster than most players at full sprint. Then there are the ratings... are they really respected this year or is dpp just another way to fool us into thinking they are.

Like the triple pancake block at :50 here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5--p...ature=youtu.be

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »