Home

Bring Back Rocket Catching in Madden 12

This is a discussion on Bring Back Rocket Catching in Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Bring Back Rocket Catching in Madden 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabazz916
you can stop a curl its not that hard.. you just have to adjust in real life.. and you can adjust to stop the rocket catch by keeping the safety over the top...

but instead of taking the challenge peoeple cry and say its too hard to stop..

but i guess ppl. who aren't that good cry.. you dnt see ppl. in real life cryn over back shoulder throws, curls , when tall rec. out jump smaller ppl. & when qbs under throw rec. on purpose so the wr. can only get it.. but i guess thats what u get when ppl. ain't good they complain that they cnt stop it...

they call it abuse lmao... if it works why stop ? when the pats went 16-0 did they league say you cnt throw to moss ?

some ppl. are just cry babys!!!!!!!

You are starting really show your true color's, this thread was nothing but cheeser's bait from the get go and now it finally comes out.

But since we people arent good, then whats the point of you crying about not having Spec Catching? If you are soo good or better than anyone here who's against it, then this thread is basically useless and a rant about how you either getting your butt whooped in situations where your WR should have won you game is Spec catching was in the game.

But onto some real talk, it was a gimmick and heavily abused, there is no way on earth that you can physically go out there and just 'spec catch' at will and have passes be perfectly thrown every time its attempted. Also how do you undercut a passs by atleast 10-15 yrds a play anyway?

All in all OP, I am really thinking you are a glitch/ cheeser and you been having bad games trying to run exploits that your opponent either counters or you just suck at executing.

RC sucks and will bring madden down even further!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #74
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabazz916
you can stop a curl its not that hard.. you just have to adjust in real life.. and you can adjust to stop the rocket catch by keeping the safety over the top...

but instead of taking the challenge peoeple cry and say its too hard to stop..

but i guess ppl. who aren't that good cry.. you dnt see ppl. in real life cryn over back shoulder throws, curls , when tall rec. out jump smaller ppl. & when qbs under throw rec. on purpose so the wr. can only get it.. but i guess thats what u get when ppl. ain't good they complain that they cnt stop it...

they call it abuse lmao... if it works why stop ? when the pats went 16-0 did they league say you cnt throw to moss ?

some ppl. are just cry babys!!!!!!!
Actually, you come off like a cheezer who doesnt have good stick skills, so you want a stupid exploit back to help you.

Feel free to go back and play Madden 09. Its rocket catch heaven, and has several other unrealistic exploits you may enjoy.

And no offense, but in this entire thread, the only one Ive seen close to being a "cry baby" is you.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #75
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

I understand what shabazz is saying, but there is a rocket catch animation in madden and ncaa . you need to get control of your wr turn him around and press jump, the thing is it doesn't work all the time. if you want aggressive wr the user must do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 09:48 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 8

First, let's get something straight...

Rocket Catching is a STUPID NAME for a legitimate technique... If we were simply to ask if it's OK for a receiver to leap over a defender to make a catch, we'd most likely agree it should be in the game. Ask if Rocket Catching should be in the game, and you are likely to stir up some negativity toward the idea...

Is that because the technique has no place in a football game? Absolutely not. Its because the name suggest something other than something that has a place in a football game. So - we should stop calling good concepts by stupid names.

That said, Rocket Catching requires quick nimble fingers... It's a Madden exploit in the exact same way Barry Sanders quick nimble feet were an exploit in his years in the NFL.

I am extremely tired of the people without quick nimble fingers deciding what is and isn't an exploit simply because their fingers aren't nimble and quick. Almost as tired as seeing great plays characterized by STUPID NAMES that make them seem to be an exploit.

Either quicken your own response times or quit hating on guys that practice. It's getting old guys...

Later
Old 06-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #77
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
First, let's get something straight...

Rocket Catching is a STUPID NAME for a legitimate technique... If we were simply to ask if it's OK for a receiver to leap over a defender to make a catch, we'd most likely agree it should be in the game. Ask if Rocket Catching should be in the game, and you are likely to stir up some negativity toward the idea...

Is that because the technique has no place in a football game? Absolutely not. Its because the name suggest something other than something that has a place in a football game. So - we should stop calling good concepts by stupid names.

That said, Rocket Catching requires quick nimble fingers... It's a Madden exploit in the exact same way Barry Sanders quick nimble feet were an exploit in his years in the NFL.

I am extremely tired of the people without quick nimble fingers deciding what is and isn't an exploit simply because their fingers aren't nimble and quick. Almost as tired as seeing great plays characterized by STUPID NAMES that make them seem to be an exploit.

Either quicken your own response times or quit hating on guys that practice. It's getting old guys...

Later
So are you saying that people who are disabled, or people who don't have good reaction times, or people who only play about a game every other day shouldn't play Madden? I love playing with my family, but there are some who can't do everything at once. Should they just up and quit because of an exploit?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:56 PM   #78
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
With respect, most "sim" players feel that football smarts should count for more than mere stick skills.
This goes for all sport games.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 06-17-2011, 10:11 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
So are you saying that people who are disabled, or people who don't have good reaction times, or people who only play about a game every other day shouldn't play Madden? I love playing with my family, but there are some who can't do everything at once. Should they just up and quit because of an exploit?
Is that what he said? I missed that part.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:13 PM   #80
Banned

atomant94's Arena

OVR: 6

All The Madden Team Gotta Do Is To Just Give Us Realistic Jump Balls
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »