Home

Coach Options Menu for CPU Controlled Teams...

This is a discussion on Coach Options Menu for CPU Controlled Teams... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2003, 10:30 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Coach Options Menu for CPU Controlled Teams...

Thats okay Sleeper it happens.

Yes the NFL never really talks about yards per pass completion. They mainly talk about yards per attempt. In fact the QB rating system is based on four things:

Yards per Attempt
Completion Percentage
TD Percentage per pass thrown
INT Percentage per pass thrown

Old 09-02-2003, 07:31 AM   #10
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Coach Options Menu for CPU Controlled Teams...

So let's review...after a couple of typographical/logistical errors by Sleeper and myself this thread is now a primer on QB stats?...

uh...thanks...but...back tothe topic at hand...

I tested this theory extensivly last night and I found that if you put all 32 teams into franchise mode you can lower the coach options run/pass slider and aggressiveness sliders about five clicks (or so) to the left and the CPU will run a much more balanced attack...

they run more often...employ draws occasionally in passing situations and 'spread the ball around' to more eligible recivers on a wider variety of routes...

as a result the YARDS PER ATTEMPT by the CPU QB is now in the 7-8 range instead of 10-11 and the ints have been cut down as well...presumably b/c the CPU QB is less likely to 'force one into coverage'...I found most of my picks previously were into double teams etc...

I also re-employed the venerable Kanobi's 'Slider Matrix' setting for player management (human) and they have also had a remarkable effect on gameplay...

Between sliders...player management settings and now...altering Coach Options...well...I finally feel that it just may be possible to weed the 'arcade' aspects out of this year's title...

I'll post the whole system at a later date...very time consuming lengthy document...

P.S. Just make CERTAIN you switch the tendancies back to default for simmed games...only alter the one's you actually play...

and Kanobi...if you're out there (anywhere)...thanks AGAIN...lol...this stuff still works due to EA's refusal to 'overhaul the engine'...thanks for your research...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »