Home

Consistancy and clutchness with returners

This is a discussion on Consistancy and clutchness with returners within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2011, 12:37 AM   #1
Rookie

Dylan Marshall Swb's Arena

OVR: 3
Consistancy and clutchness with returners

How will the new consistancy and clutch ratings affect the returners? What if there is a really unconsistant reciever who is a very consistant returner? Just wanted to know if anyone had herd anything concerning this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 12:56 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Consistancy and clutchness with returners

Who is a very consistent returner? Consistency is supposed to be every game. No returner is good every game.

However with Clutch I think it could be stat based by what they do in the 4th qtr in a close game. . . of course this comes to mind

But I still wouldn't give any one returner a clutch rating unless they do it consistently and in the game winning situation.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:50 AM   #3
Rookie

Dylan Marshall Swb's Arena

I agree with you about the clutch rating. A player must prove everything you have said. And the consistancy, using Josh Cribbs as an example, he has over 1,000 kick return yards and over a 24.0 average every year since his rookie year, but he isn't a consistant reciever. I was just woundering if EA was going to give him and players like him a higher consistacy rating just because of their return abilities.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #4
Rookie

JDoze's Arena

This would be something that would probably have to be implemented next year. Possibly add in categories? Like first half someone's consistency is low, while the secod half their consistency and clutch increase? This could also be done with coaches. A lot of times you hear that a team is a "second half team", that particulars coach's team could get an increase in clutch and/or consistency during the second half.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

"Clutch" is a very subjective term. I don't know how they'd determine this. How many TD's or big returns does the guy have to make...when does he have to make them. I've seen games turn on special teams plays before halftime......

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #6
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I think the idea of the "clutch" trait is being misunderstood. From what I understand, He will be a clutch player. So when the end of the game arrives and your kick returner, who might happen to be a clutch WR or CB, fields the ball, his ratings will bump up. This doesn't mean he becomes Superman.

A player's traits will apply to his position. So if he's a WR, then his performance as a WR will determine his traits.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I think the idea of the "clutch" trait is being misunderstood. From what I understand, He will be a clutch player. So when the end of the game arrives and your kick returner, who might happen to be a clutch WR or CB, fields the ball, his ratings will bump up. This doesn't mean he becomes Superman.

A player's traits will apply to his position. So if he's a WR, then his performance as a WR will determine his traits.
But he's saying that the WR as a WR is inconsistent and not clutch, but as a returner he could possible be these things. I don't think it'd be fair to give a WR as a WR a boost when he's not good at WR, he's good at return.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:07 PM   #8
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly3
But he's saying that the WR as a WR is inconsistent and not clutch, but as a returner he could possible be these things. I don't think it'd be fair to give a WR as a WR a boost when he's not good at WR, he's good at return.
That's not how it works. That player is not a "punt returner," he's a wide receiver (in the eyes of the game). There is no designation for being clutch as a returner but not a WR. If he has the "Clutch" trait as "yes," then he's a clutch WR. That trait will be affected by his position, which is WR, not punt returner.

I'm basing this on the fact that we have not seen any screens that show more than "yes/no" for clutch. If we saw a separate choice of "punt returns only" then I could see that a player can be a clutch returner only. But we haven't seen it, and the developers have, on multiple occasions, referred to the trait as "on or off."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »