Home

Ratings and Roster announcement "near future"

This is a discussion on Ratings and Roster announcement "near future" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #17
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Ratings and Roster announcement "near future"

mike williams, legarrette blount, and josh freeman could possibly be overrated...underrated idk rondeand ted larsen maybe

Last edited by seriousluboy83; 06-23-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #18
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life24
I think Vick will be very over rated. I think he'll be around 95 overall.

Raiders as usual won't be "overall" stat over rated, but just like last year they will have one of the best offenses in the game because speed kills.
Over rated? Vick just happened to be one of the most dominant players in the league last year and he did not even play all 16 games. His numbers were just flat out sick.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-23-2011, 06:57 PM   #19
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Vick's problem isn't whether he's overrated, or had a fluke year, or any of that. It's going to be his durability. He's in a tight spot. In order for him to have another great year, he has to play like only Michael Vick can play. But that playstyle is going to get him hurt again. Double-edged sword.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:20 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Underrated = Marshall Yanda.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:47 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1

Overrated - The Cowboys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #22
MVP

Blitz1942's Arena

OVR: 20

Of course, John Kuhn will be underrated.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:48 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Vick's problem isn't whether he's overrated, or had a fluke year, or any of that. It's going to be his durability. He's in a tight spot. In order for him to have another great year, he has to play like only Michael Vick can play. But that playstyle is going to get him hurt again. Double-edged sword.
That is true. When I go onto the Broncos Forums (Bolt4LifeSD), I notice a ton of Bronco fans predicting Tebow will have 600-800 rushing yards and 12-14 rushing TDs. I think people don't realize that when these QBs run, they generally have less padding and can get hurt more easily. Plus you don't want to always risk your QB. I think guys like Tebow will have 300-400 yrds and 5-6 rushing TDs, and that's only because the Broncos are still building. Give it another year and I think he has less rushing stats and more passing stats, especially if Royal is used right.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #24
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life24
That is true. When I go onto the Broncos Forums (Bolt4LifeSD), I notice a ton of Bronco fans predicting Tebow will have 600-800 rushing yards and 12-14 rushing TDs. I think people don't realize that when these QBs run, they generally have less padding and can get hurt more easily. Plus you don't want to always risk your QB. I think guys like Tebow will have 300-400 yrds and 5-6 rushing TDs, and that's only because the Broncos are still building. Give it another year and I think he has less rushing stats and more passing stats, especially if Royal is used right.
I agree. And for Tim Tebow, if he wants to start, he's going to need to convince Coach Fox that he can be a pocket passer. John Elway has reiterated this very point, and has made this point clear. Tebow himself echoed this. I have no doubts that Tebow could get 600 yards rushing, throw for 2800 - 3000 yards, and have himself a great year. But if he kept that playstyle, he won't last long in this league. Then, eventually his body will wear down and he won't be effective as a runner. He will never had developed his passing, and he'll be left as a poor passer who can no longer rely on the run. I think Tebow can make this transition, if only because he seems like someone who would do it just to say that he did and prove the doubters wrong. I don't believe Tebow will ever be a "great" passer. But if he can be a "good" passer, and allow his legs to bridge the gap when need be, then he'll be set. Bear in mind, Elway wasn't the most accurate QB. He had a canon, sure, but he did a lot as a scrambler. Not necessarily running the ball, but buying time and making the throws when it counted. Of course, he needed a running game as he got older.

This is Michael Vick, and this is the transition I believe he's making. He must realize, and I think he does, that if he wants to last, he needs to throw from the pocket and stay protected. This attitude is also why Peyton Hillis is dangerous right now, as a runner. He's openly stated he doesn't care about longevity. He's going to play the game with ferocity. I doubt Hillis lasts longer than 4 years as a starter. But it'll be a good 4 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »