Home

O-Line and D-Line interaction must be represented in Madden 13.

This is a discussion on O-Line and D-Line interaction must be represented in Madden 13. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 05:19 AM   #1
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2
O-Line and D-Line interaction must be represented in Madden 13.

Well, Madden 12 is done, and from the footage i've seen, the Line interaction still leaves a lot to be desired.

Here is a video, showing how important line play is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-x4EaOo1-0

There is no need to watch all of it, in fact, just watch the first run through of the APF 2k8 play. That is one of the most true to life animations i have ever seen. The DT didn't beat him outright (which is the only way an OLineman gets beat in madden) he beat him by about 80%. It wasn't enough to get the sack, but was enough to get through and impact the play positively for his team.

Show me 1 video where this EVER happens in madden. The blocking is static. Either you are beat, or you stay blocked, parallel to the line of scrimmage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: O-Line and D-Line interaction must be represented in Madden 13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo
Well, Madden 12 is done, and from the footage i've seen, the Line interaction still leaves a lot to be desired.
Uh, Madden 12 is NOT done... it will be worked on until it goes gold.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
Rookie

pendo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfhelmiii
Yeah, they are going to implement an entirely new set of animations are they?

The game is being tweaked now. What ever animations are in the game, that is it. They have never patched new ones in, or taken old ones out. All they can do is limit or increase the frequency that they appear.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #4
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

I have to agree with Pendo in that while Madden 12 is not done, they are not going to change the Oline/Dline interactions as they look the same as they have with every Madden on the new consoles.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:36 AM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I keep saying this to people in threads, but it's a pipedream. We ALL want better oline/dline interactions that are based on physics, weight, etc. But I just don't see it coming in the drastic manners that people want.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see massive improvements to it. But I personally believe that mistakes were made with the core game itself when it was originally designed that has left the current dev stuck. They're changing what they can, but I have a feeling that certain things aren't going to change.

We're going to see some improvement with the new collision system they have going (reducing suction, etc), but I think we're going to wait until Madden 17 until we see something that we really like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #6
Rookie

pendo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I keep saying this to people in threads, but it's a pipedream. We ALL want better oline/dline interactions that are based on physics, weight, etc. But I just don't see it coming in the drastic manners that people want.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see massive improvements to it. But I personally believe that mistakes were made with the core game itself when it was originally designed that has left the current dev stuck. They're changing what they can, but I have a feeling that certain things aren't going to change.

We're going to see some improvement with the new collision system they have going (reducing suction, etc), but I think we're going to wait until Madden 17 until we see something that we really like.
If no one bought the game for 1 year we would see an unbelievable improvement.

Also, 2k might get the license soon, then we can actually have some competition.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 7

Troll? Troll?
Old 06-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Actually it has been done for months. They simply fix bugs now. All features have been done for several months.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »