Home

Tampa Bay's running game

This is a discussion on Tampa Bay's running game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
Rookie

thrust's Arena

OVR: 3
Tampa Bay's running game

The Bucs seem very promising in this area featuring Blount. They also have Cadillac and Earnest Graham who seems to pop one every time he touches the ball. There is also Kareem Huggins who brought the speed to the group last year but hit IR due to a knee injury. What I want to ask is that if Kareem Huggins cannot make it back, what free agent is out there, that can fill that role and bring the speed element into the back field?
Tweeted from Tampa Habitual Rehab Clinic
THRC
a home for the lonely
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 10:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Tampa Bay's running game

Bucs may not be looking for a speed back and it looks like Huggins will be on the pup list foir sure and may be done for the year.

Bradford, and Graham are under contract, but Cadi may not be back. If Cadi is gone, expect Graham to take on the 3rd down roll. If Cadi Stays, at best they may sign an UDFA.

If so, the real speed backs are undersized Devine and Locke.

Bucs apear to be going for a smash and bash instead of smash and dash.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:53 PM   #3
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Kevin Smith might be a good pickup but I think his career is over thanks to the Lions crappy O-line.

It would be cool to see them pick up Reggie Bush if he doesn't sign back with the Saints.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Huggins is most likely done, which is unfortunate because in the preseason (before the Blount signing), he was the best back the Bucs had. With Williams not producing early, I really think Huggins could have come on as one of those scat backs and would have paired perfectly with Blount. Unfortunately his knee injury was devastating and his career is probably over. You really have to feel for the guy.

Devine and Locke are two good bets, I'm certain the Bucs will try to bring them in (they of course may not succeed). Apparently the Bucs are (or were before lockout) thinking of Graham/Bradford in the 3rd down back role (there being uncertainty in the organization if the Bucs will/want to sign Williams). With Blount, Graham, and Bradford signed for sure if Williams or Lumpkin are retained you will likely only see a speed back on the PR.

Thus I wouldn't expect the Bucs to pick up a speed back. That being said, if Bush is a FA and depending on the cap, I would like to see Bush in a Bucs uniform and in that case I could see things changing. That of course requires 1) Bush to be released, 2) the Bucs having to fill cap space, and 3) the Bucs not being outbid by the Redskins (if there's a big name FA out there, you know Snyder will try to sign him ).

As for Madden, yes I will pick up a speed back because unfortunately speed is still the best attribute in Madden.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm not a fan of the Bush idea, he's not an NFL running back. He does many things well but nothing really great. I would rather see the bucs pick up someone like Noel Devine let him work as the KR/PR initially, similarly to how they did clifton smith. Cap money I would rather get used on the CB Asghoma (spelled it wrong).

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I dont like their Thugs
Old 06-28-2011, 07:18 PM   #7
Banned

I like the bucs running game. I see it as a very good power running game with two good backs in blount & bradford with deceptive speed
Old 06-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #8
Rookie

Alter Eg0's Arena

The Bucs running game will be CRAZY this year. Blunt will be a beast. And they drafted Allen Bradford. He's 5'11" 242 and runs a 4.5.
Check out his highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12KlrbyFYXM

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »