Home

omg!vick gets hurt, and his ratings go up midgame!

This is a discussion on omg!vick gets hurt, and his ratings go up midgame! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2003, 10:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
omg!vick gets hurt, and his ratings go up midgame!

vick got hurt in the 3rd qtr of a game(i'm the vikes). he gets put back in the game with a broken finger for the last play of the 4th, down by a touchdown on the one yard line, 10 secs left. the only thing wrong with him ratings wise is his arm:69 thp, 56tha. i figure my friend's sneaking with vick(why else put him in?) but he hands it off to duckett for the score. in ot, we check vicks ratings. to our disbelief,vick gets better than his original ratings.97ovr! 95spd,64str,80awr,95agi,94acc,45cth,55car,70jmp,50 bktk,32tk,99thp,86tha,95sta,84inj,87tgh. basically his catching, carrying(i think), throwing power & accuracy, and injury went up. i don't understand how this happenned. is it cuz vick played hurt, and hero-like led his team get into ot? (even though he didn't do anything but hand off the ball) anyways, why would his stats go up? he broke his finger, shouldn't carrying, th accuracy and especially injury all go down? i don't see anyone playing through a broken finger passing better than b4 they broke it. whatever it was, it was the wildest thing i've seen so far in 04'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2003, 10:59 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: omg!vick gets hurt, and his ratings go up midgame!

by the way, when he got hurt late in the 3rd, he was only to miss one quarter. that's why my friend subbed him back in the end of the 4th. it was just so wierd that he got so good in ot.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:40 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

bussiejr said:
vick got hurt in the 3rd qtr of a game(i'm the vikes). he gets put back in the game with a broken finger for the last play of the 4th, down by a touchdown on the one yard line, 10 secs left. the only thing wrong with him ratings wise is his arm:69 thp, 56tha. i figure my friend's sneaking with vick(why else put him in?) but he hands it off to duckett for the score. in ot, we check vicks ratings. to our disbelief,vick gets better than his original ratings.97ovr! 95spd,64str,80awr,95agi,94acc,45cth,55car,70jmp,50 bktk,32tk,99thp,86tha,95sta,84inj,87tgh. basically his catching, carrying(i think), throwing power & accuracy, and injury went up. i don't understand how this happenned. is it cuz vick played hurt, and hero-like led his team get into ot? (even though he didn't do anything but hand off the ball) anyways, why would his stats go up? he broke his finger, shouldn't carrying, th accuracy and especially injury all go down? i don't see anyone playing through a broken finger passing better than b4 they broke it. whatever it was, it was the wildest thing i've seen so far in 04'.

OT? Maybe it was a type of clutch factor or something.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Did your friend sneak and play a Madden Card when you were not looking?
Old 09-02-2003, 02:10 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

how can u only be out 4 1 quater with a broken finger
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2003, 08:51 AM   #6
Rookie

no, there weren't any madden cards,nothing was done. we play fair(non cheesy)games. and yes, he broke a finger and was out for only one quarter. i guess they just taped it up! His injury seriously affected his ratings when he was hurt but when he "healed" he was better than before.

someone should try playing your guys that get hurt (obviously only those that can be subbed back in the game). there might be something in the game where if a player plays through an injury, they can get better.

it might have also just been a glitch. since when he got hurt, his ratings went way down. when his injury was officially over, the game may have not calculated his ratings correctly and just F***'d up

i'd like to think it wasn't a glitch though, cuz the possibility of a hidden "hero" attribute is a pretty cool idea. i'm pretty sure ea's not that good though, they would've advertised the hell out of that, just like all the other
crap(<---not madden slander, i love this game) they put in this game
Old 09-03-2003, 09:41 AM   #7
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Delta said:
how can u only be out 4 1 quater with a broken finger

Madden

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »