Home

I saw this guy online on Madden the other day,

This is a discussion on I saw this guy online on Madden the other day, within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2003, 03:04 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Know what I think???

I think this guy has 2 PS2s and 2 TVs and sits there and controls both players and amps up his rankings....

I mean, do you REALLY think someone would sit thru a 255-0 drumming??? Absolutely positively UH UH ... even I would pull the plug if it got past 60-0. He's doing something along the lines of this, that's virtually the only way.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:10 PM   #10
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: Know what I think???

Quote:

PlayaHataSupreme said:
I think this guy has 2 PS2s and 2 TVs and sits there and controls both players and amps up his rankings....

I mean, do you REALLY think someone would sit thru a 255-0 drumming??? Absolutely positively UH UH ... even I would pull the plug if it got past 60-0. He's doing something along the lines of this, that's virtually the only way.

Yea I agree!!! But the QB drop 15 yards is still a problem...
Old 09-02-2003, 03:41 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Any OS'ers on the leaderboard?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2003, 03:57 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1
Re: I saw this guy online on Madden the other day,

Quote:

mvb34 said:
Quote:

iLLWiLL said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said:
That's just plain stupid. That shouldn't even be possible in a game... PERIOD! The computer A.I. or something should have stopped him. Bring on ESPN!

Exactly. EA has done alot to curb cheese, but the AI still allows way too much bull crap. I got blewout by a guy who'd constantly drop Gannon 15 yds back after the snap and roll to the sideline and then fire a pass towards the middle of the field.

This issue I thought EA had resolved!! But they haven't I hope ESPN has!!

Of course it's been resolved... You can't even do that mess in the demo.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:59 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

PlayaHataSupreme said:

Still, even if he's controlling both teams, HE CAN'T CONTROL ALL ELEVEN MEN AT ONCE. So the AI still stinks.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:17 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Quote:

PlayaHataSupreme said:

Still, even if he's controlling both teams, HE CAN'T CONTROL ALL ELEVEN MEN AT ONCE. So the AI still stinks.

Not really, I disagree.... he could just pick all out blitz plays for the defense and just lob it to any of several wide-open WRs, yo. That has nothing to do with AI. And he CERTAINLY wouldn't get 255 points in a 6 minute game by just picking out the AI. It's not THAT dumb.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:17 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:

So the AI still stinks.

Exactly, a QB could NEVER drop back 15 yards, his pocket would collapse and he would be sitting underneath a couple defensive linemen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2003, 04:24 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:

BurtReynolds said:
Quote:

So the AI still stinks.

Exactly, a QB could NEVER drop back 15 yards, his pocket would collapse and he would be sitting underneath a couple defensive linemen.

Well, that's another point all together, another topic, but in general, NCAA does the pocket thing better than Madden does. It did last year and it does again this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »