Home

Best Young Offense in Madden 12?

This is a discussion on Best Young Offense in Madden 12? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2011, 02:26 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Best Young Offense in Madden 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatmanfish
lol, did you just compare Tebow to Elway? Broncos fans everywhere are dissapointed. Tebow may be good, or he may be the bust most think he will be. Either way, he has very little in common with Elway other than playing the QB position....right now anyways.

Elway was an accomplished passer coming out of Stanford and was a #1 draft pick. He was also the 2nd most prolofic passer at the time of his retirement. He was a QB that defined 2 decades of football. Not sure how you can compare a guy that needs more developement than the average prospect at the QB position to arguable on of the greatest player to put on a Bronco uniform?

Broncos have aquired some talent, but they are mostly unproven at this point. All the WRs you listed had a combined 1,000 yards. Lloyd was their saving grace last year.The Broncos run game was almost non-existent and their D constantly had the team playing from behind. They have potential, but they arent there.
I know your throwing out stats and whatnot about Elway and I do know all this stuff, but your crazy if you think I don't know the history of my own team after watching them since the early 80's. Elway may have been an accomplished passer, but his few games did not display that and thats basically what I'm saying. I'm comparing the guys first few games. Go ahead and find some footage and stats if you can but Elway was not that great his first season. I don't expect the broncos to finish 1st in the division or anything. Maybe they even finish last again. But I can tell you that they will be more competitive than most people think. You're right that a lot of broncos fans are dissapointed, but I can tell you that many more are excited for Tebow to start. Plus a guy like Tebow is only going to develope if he plays period! You cannot script what the kid can do. You are just echoing what everyone on ESPN says. Most of those guys are straight up jokes and should be ashamed of the blogs, columns, and top whatever they write.

Yes I know about unproven talent, but for the most part this is about Madden, no.... All the WR I listed were injured for a good portion of last season and if at least 2 of them can stay healthy I'll be impressed because when they were healthy all they did was perform.

I think the Lions are a team to be reckoned with as far as Madden goes. If they had better CB's they would even be better.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:11 AM   #34
Rookie

Atomic Martian's Arena

OVR: 5

you know those packers have a bright future. lol
Old 07-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #35
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman
I know your throwing out stats and whatnot about Elway and I do know all this stuff, but your crazy if you think I don't know the history of my own team after watching them since the early 80's. Elway may have been an accomplished passer, but his few games did not display that and thats basically what I'm saying. I'm comparing the guys first few games. Go ahead and find some footage and stats if you can but Elway was not that great his first season. I don't expect the broncos to finish 1st in the division or anything. Maybe they even finish last again. But I can tell you that they will be more competitive than most people think. You're right that a lot of broncos fans are dissapointed, but I can tell you that many more are excited for Tebow to start. Plus a guy like Tebow is only going to develope if he plays period! You cannot script what the kid can do. You are just echoing what everyone on ESPN says. Most of those guys are straight up jokes and should be ashamed of the blogs, columns, and top whatever they write.

Yes I know about unproven talent, but for the most part this is about Madden, no.... All the WR I listed were injured for a good portion of last season and if at least 2 of them can stay healthy I'll be impressed because when they were healthy all they did was perform.

I think the Lions are a team to be reckoned with as far as Madden goes. If they had better CB's they would even be better.

I personally am torn on Tebow. As a Bills fan I wasn't high on him as a prospect coming into the league but I did like what he brought to a team intangibles wise. With that being said, NO ONE, and I mean absolutely no one knows how good or bad Tebow will be. Like you said no one can script what he can do, including yourself. As for the ESPN comment; I'm willing to bet the prominent ESPN employees have more overall knowledge on football than you considering it's their job to know more on the sport than most. We are casual or hardcore FANS of the game. They MAKE A LIVING on knowing the game. Considering people like Mike Golic, Marcellus Wiley, Teddy Bruschi, Cris Carter, Antonio Pierce, and Mark Schlereth all are former players and now analysts for ESPN on shows like NFL Live I would believe they have vastly more knowledge on the sport. Definitely not "Straight up jokes" so don't think you know more about football than them. Take what they say and believe them for what it's worth.

With that mini rant over, I believe Tebow will end up being an average starter, maybe even above average for a few seasons. I personally wouldn't have the Broncos as a top 3 young up and coming offense though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #36
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
what about the bucs? freeman,mike williams,lagarrett blount,k2
I like the Lions as a front runner, but yes the Buccs have to be in the mix. They totally slipped my mind.

Good Call
Old 07-07-2011, 04:20 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'd say Lions have potential
Old 07-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman

lol, Im a Broncos and Bucs fan. Ive seen Elway play a 100 times. My uncle is Rick Upchurch and he played with Elway those first few games. Trust me, there is nothing comparable between the two other than both being QBs for the Broncos. Telling me a rookie QB wasnt great his first season as a comparison for Tebow-Elway is laughable. Most evry rookie QB in the NFL hasnt had a great season unless their team carried them.

Assuming I even respect ESPNs bias, let alone use it as my deciding factor on my opinions is very obtuse on your part. Ive had family play in the NFL and a good number of family and friends play at the collegiate level. ESPN or anyother network talking heads are far from any basis of any opinion Ive ever formed. You may have to defend off the average naysayer and these arguments may then be vaild, but sometimes poeple actually know what they are talking about. So please dont assume everyone is just a casual NFL fan when talking about the Broncos or any other team for that matter.

When talking about best young offense(thread title) I generally consider young offenses that are already good. Not guys drafted high with potential.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDOgF0reL1fe
Youre right, which is why the Lions finished 10-6 and the bucs finished below 500.

Wait a minute...
Yes, but Stafford wasn't really healthy all year. If Stafford can consistently show the kind of potential that he has flashed in his first two years, then the Lions offence has more potential than the bucs.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #40
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Real life, the Buccs have to be top because it's not just all potential but at least semi proven aswell.

For M12, the Lions and Buccs again but it depends on a few things. If QB progression in franchise mode is assured and speed is still king, then teams like the Titans and Jags and Vikings who have a rookie QB and speed around him will have strong young offenses a few seasons into the mode. Panthers too assuming you can draft some good receiving talent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »